Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:05 am 

I'm in Essex

I emailed school straight away to say that I'm accepting offer and popping all relevant documents from application pack in the mail tomorrow morning.

Thank you for everyones quick responses and guidelines. I've been so occupied with our appeal getting all the documents together and waiting to see where we are on the waiting list today that I almost missed the most important part...accepting my only offer!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:20 am 

I would have thought accepting the offer would have been the very first thing to do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:19 pm 

Proudmumregardless wrote:
I would have thought accepting the offer would have been the very first thing to do.

My offer letter stated the following:

Offered SOUTHEND BOYS HIGH SCHOOL= the school at which your child has a place. You do not have to contact us to accept this place but you must notify us if you wish to refuse. You can do this by emailing admissions@essex.gov.uk.
Your child's name will be placed on the waiting list for any Essex school which was a higher preference than the school offered. Information about waiting list positions will be available from 15 March using the following link http://www.essex.gov.uk/waitinglists. You will need your child's Student ID which can be found at the top of the letter you will receive by post.

So when I received the welcome pack from the school I became a bit confused and did not really know how to respond - as I assumed I did not have to accept - only have to decline it if not needed.

But that is all history now - as I accepted it on Friday via-email and posted his registration documents last night as well, so hopefully will arrive there first thing Monday morning.