Colchester CHSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pinkrabbit38

Re: Colchester CHSG

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

T0tleybrook wrote:
Proudmumregardless wrote:Be warned that they may do a shuffle at the end of year 8. For the past 2 years due to the behaviour of the lower school students they've mixed the form groups up to start year 9, class lists aren't released until the week they go back after summer.
Not sure how to take that, only that it seems rather ominous! :D
Not really, they said it’s because KS3 is only year 7 & 8 now and it’s to do with the options the girls choose etc
T0tleybrook

Post by T0tleybrook »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:
T0tleybrook wrote:
Proudmumregardless wrote:Be warned that they may do a shuffle at the end of year 8. For the past 2 years due to the behaviour of the lower school students they've mixed the form groups up to start year 9, class lists aren't released until the week they go back after summer.
Not sure how to take that, only that it seems rather ominous! :D
Not really, they said it’s because KS3 is only year 7 & 8 now and it’s to do with the options the girls choose etc
Yes, I thought it was more to do with options
scooby doo

Post by scooby doo »

FYI,

Year 8's have been informed today of their new forms for year 9.

I don't think the change of forms is to do with options. As I understand it, it's done to ensure mixed abilities across all the forms and to break up any disruptive groups. Each girl selects 3 students that they would like to be with in their new form and are guaranteed to be allowed to be with at least one of these.

SD
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

scooby doo wrote:FYI,

I don't think the change of forms is to do with options. As I understand it, it's done to ensure mixed abilities across all the forms and to break up any disruptive groups. Each girl selects 3 students that they would like to be with in their new form and are guaranteed to be allowed to be with at least one of these.

SD
Disruptive groups?

Aren't disruptive groups just what one sends one's DD 50 miles up the A12 every morning to avoid?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scooby doo

Post by scooby doo »

:lol:
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

For the current year 9s it was 100% about breaking the girls into less disruptive groups. I'm glad they have let the year 8s know earlier than the year 9s and gave them a say in it! Much better way to handle it than last year
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

ToadMum wrote:
scooby doo wrote:FYI,

SD
Disruptive groups?

Aren't disruptive groups just what one sends one's DD 50 miles up the A12 every morning to avoid?
:lol:
Colcmum

Post by Colcmum »

Definitely disruptive groups last year as proudmumregardless says.

Funnily enough the group of five 'challenging' girls in DD's class got split up completely into five separate classes.

DD and her merry band of socially awkward geeks found themselves all in the same class. :lol:
T0tleybrook

Post by T0tleybrook »

scooby doo wrote::lol:
I’ve always somewhat held the view that kids get disruptive when they are idle. More homework please!! :lol: