Chelmsford County High School for Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

deepalb88

Chelmsford County High School for Girls

Post by deepalb88 »

Hello,
We are currently living in Wales. As my wife got a job in Basildon University Hospital, we are planning to move to Essex, and planning to settle down in Chelmsford. My daughter is currently in grade 6, and should start secondary schools in September 2019. She is doing very good in school in Wales.
Since she has missed the 11 Plus selection exam, I have heard that some schools arrange a CAT test for late entries. Can anybody please let me know whether Chelmsford County High School for Girls, hold such exam for late entries?
Thank you
Deepal
ayparents

Re: Chelmsford County High School for Girls

Post by ayparents »

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 80#p711692" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click on link for Essex secondary admission guide on that post.

It should help answer the questions you have about late applications. I think on page 16, top of my head.

Also, If I were you, I would call secondary admissions team for answers.
ayparents

Post by ayparents »

Hope other experienced forum members can provide more precise answers.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Hi :)

The CCHS admissions policy says,

Registration for the CCHS Entrance Test will close at 4pm,Wednesday 27th June 2018. In ordinary circumstances late registration for the CCHS Entrance Test will not be accepted. Applicants who move to the area after the close of registration, for reasons that could not be foreseen, should contact the Admissions Office to be considered for sitting the entrance test on a later date.

http://www.cchs.co.uk/admissions/admiss ... mber-2019/

Chelmsford to Basildon Hospital is a bit of a traipse...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

Not horrendous though. I know plenty of people who live in Chelmsford and work in basildon and vice versa.

Saying that my husband did Colchester to Basildon for a long time. Now THAT is a horrible journey.
T0tleybrook

Post by T0tleybrook »

Depends on where in Chelmsford. Billericay is nice too, and a good commute, with good schools
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now