CCHS Test results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SuperDad3g

CCHS Test results

Post by SuperDad3g »

The CCHS website provides test results bands (Top, Middle, Lower) for the last three years. However, I’m not quite clear how these test results are calculated based on the raw marks. Can anyone share some insight on how these test results are calculated? What sort of percentages should a child be targeting in order to have a realistic chance of getting in, whether or not the child is in catchment area? Thanks All.
RedDevil66

Re: CCHS Test results

Post by RedDevil66 »

SuperDad3g wrote:The CCHS website provides test results bands (Top, Middle, Lower) for the last three years. However, I’m not quite clear how these test results are calculated based on the raw marks. Can anyone share some insight on how these test results are calculated? What sort of percentages should a child be targeting in order to have a realistic chance of getting in, whether or not the child is in catchment area? Thanks All.
Raw marks calculator is available on the CSSE site. https://www.csse.org.uk/images/simplefi ... -10-18.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you look at the guidance sheet it gives you a rough idea. https://www.csse.org.uk/images/simplefi ... 0Entry.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

CCHS (Chelmsford County High) uses a separate entrance exam - it left the CSSE several years ago and now uses one of the exams produced by the Durham University (now about to be / taken over by ? Cambridge?) Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring (CEM). CEM retains the marking and standardisatuon information.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
SuperDad3g

Post by SuperDad3g »

Yes, understood that CCHS now use CEM. My question was how do they apply age standardisation? Is it similar to how CSSE have applied it in their 2019 intake exams?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

SuperDad3g wrote:Yes, understood that CCHS now use CEM. My question was how do they apply age standardisation? Is it similar to how CSSE have applied it in their 2019 intake exams?
The school doesn't do anything, CEM does it for them.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now