CSSE: Rumours Gossip Leaks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

RedDevil66

CSSE: Rumours Gossip Leaks

Post by RedDevil66 »

Rumours flying round my area of Essex that CSSE are going to use the same paper for those missing the exam on the 21st.
From what I hear, some parents are already contacting each other to find out which sitting their child is in so they can confer later. One dad has already informed me that parents have got in touch to meet after the KEGS exam to discuss questions. These are parents he has never met let alone had spoken to by text/whatsapp etc.

If anyone who has contacts with CSSE or knows for sure if the test is to be repeated please post. I know in previous years their back up paper wasn't the same.
hermanmunster

Re: CSSE: Rumours Gossip Leaks

Post by hermanmunster »

If parents with children in an earlier sitting are passing on any info to those in a later sitting then they are only harming their own children.
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

This would be unusual for CSSE who have always used a different paper. In any event, if my child had already sat I wouldn’t be sharing the information with parents with kids yet to sit as the CSSE scores are standardised; their child having an advantage would directly impact my own child’s score.

I think it more likely parents with children sitting the second setting would be deliberately misled if seeking a heads up on exam content.
SchoolMum3G

Post by SchoolMum3G »

Echo the comments above - why would a parent of a child sitting the test today disadvantage their child to help someone else ‘cheat’?

It’s usually a different exam.
T0tleybrook

Post by T0tleybrook »

Same paper or not, no parent should be sharing the questions, unless they have no wish for their child to get in to their preferred school. In any case, it’s unlikely to be the same paper.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now