CSSE Exam -how did your dc find it?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lenazayka75

Re: CSSE Exam -how did your dc find it?

Post by Lenazayka75 »

My DS found Math very tricky in 5 tasks. He tried to guess 2 of them but was not sure. As result went out unhappy, disappointed and absolutely frustrated. We practiced a lot at home and he always scared of English, did not expect to be struggle in Math. This is his most wanted school.
Korthi

Post by Korthi »

My daughter came out last year similar to a lot of children this year saying how hard the maths was. She ended up being right, she did get a lot of questions wrong but she still got a grammar school place. As long as everyone finds it hard there is still hope. Good luck everyone.
SchoolMum3G

Post by SchoolMum3G »

LennyLongLegs wrote:My son said exactly the same, English was ok but there were five or six questions in the maths he said he didn't have a clue how to do. He seemed a bit disheartened about the maths as he does favour maths and when he spoke to his friend afterwards his friend said it was easy. However, having read the other comments it sounds as though feedback from others is similar to my sons.
If your son favours math then having a difficult math paper should go in his favour :-). The way that the test is scored means that a point above average on the harder paper generates more marks. My eldest’s year had a really hard English paper - it’s her better subject so she had an opportunity to ‘show what she could do’. She came out saying the math was easy (not this year) and I was panicking as I thought she must have done something wrong! Either way I think us parents over think it until we get the results.

Just let him know that for him to have found it hard - means it Was hard! And so others will be in the same boat.

Good luck to him x
CSSE21092019

Post by CSSE21092019 »

Feedback from daughter - Maths was challenging with at least 4-5 questions and English was ok and she also found out the CSSE papers on 21st Sep were same for students who sat on 1st Oct.
Motherofboys

Post by Motherofboys »

Now, this is a great surprise!
Tkegs

Post by Tkegs »

CSSE21092019 wrote:Feedback from daughter - Maths was challenging with at least 4-5 questions and English was ok and she also found out the CSSE papers on 21st Sep were same for students who sat on 1st Oct.
Must be a change in policy and I guess we will only truly know by asking CSSE. My eldest sat the latter session a couple of years ago and the papers were different for sure. I purchased the main session exam papers to use for my youngest so could compare.

Like said before it provides no personal benefit in passing on information to those sitting late other than if you have no intention or reasonable expectation of taking up a school place yourself.
nssdesikan

Post by nssdesikan »

CSSE21092019 wrote:Feedback from daughter - Maths was challenging with at least 4-5 questions and English was ok and she also found out the CSSE papers on 21st Sep were same for students who sat on 1st Oct.
When we checked with our friend's daughter, sat in the 2nd batch (1st Oct), the English comprehension passage was different to the main paper set for the 21st Sep