Amber Score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ArtVision

Amber Score

Post by ArtVision »

My son has a score of 336 - so mid amber. I think the lowest score that was finally admitted to KEGS last year was 338. Not sure about CRGS?

I am wondering if there might be any slim chance of him getting in (we are too far away from Westcliff and Southend) and if this year's lowest score admissions are likely to be the same as last year, higher or lower as they fluctuate?

Will he likely be put on a waiting list and how does this work?

Any advice gratefully received.
rocket19

Re: Amber Score

Post by rocket19 »

at the top of the Essex page there is a thread with all the cut offs for last year for all the schools
ArtVision

Post by ArtVision »

Thank you. I have this now. I suppose my question is - is it likely this year will be the same cut off. Is there a chance it might be lower than last year??

Would he likely go onto a waiting list?
aa06

Post by aa06 »

There's some useful info on this FAQ page on the KEGS website: http://www.kegs.org.uk/frequently-asked ... /2624.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For last year the last in catchment place was awarded to a score of 345, with around 25 applicants in the 340-345 range below. It also says that there were 4 in catchment boys that were awarded a place off the waiting list.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now