post 11+ choices

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scart

post 11+ choices

Post by scart »

I am concerned that some parents think that their children have school choices after being allocated a grammer place. My understanding of the situation is this. essex county allocate one school only. there is no second or reserve choice.If your child rejects this place, they go to the bottom of the waiting list for any other school, even their local non selective comp. in our area there are a couple of local non selective comps that are hugely over subscribed and you would not get any special treatment if you want to 'be with your friends'and so turn down your grammer place, even if you live next door, you go to the bottm of the list. I hope parents realise this, there were quite a few threads that seemed to think their children could choose at this stage, and I just don't thik this is the case.Well done to all who got in, and to those like my boy who worked so hard and didn't. BTW independent schools are of course different and not part of the allocation process and you would still have a choice there.
scart
Bwinkie

Post by Bwinkie »

That is my understanding too. You used to be able to choose, but not any more.
Bwinkie
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now