Amber Waiting lists - CSSE/CEM

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tigermama72

Amber Waiting lists - CSSE/CEM

Post by Tigermama72 »

This post is essentially to try and figure out what the scores would practically amount to and if anyone can advise if one can get some sort of indication as time progresses towards offer day in March.
My DD got a score of 334.20 for CSSE and 105.17 for CEM. We are in catchment for CCHS.
From what I can tell the amber cut off for Colchester is 325, WHSG 324 and Southend 303 Therefore does this mean she would eventually be offered a place in one of these schools? Our second choice would be Colchester Girls and first choice CCHS.

My most imp question is, would my DD have a chance of making it to CCHS if her score is 1.8 less than the top tier cut off of 106.98?

Does one get any indication at all between now and March for any of the schools whether her chances are going up or not?

Can anyone with past experience shed some light on this please?

Thanks
Meribel

Re: Amber Waiting lists - CSSE/CEM

Post by Meribel »

Tigermama72 wrote:This post is essentially to try and figure out what the scores would practically amount to and if anyone can advise if one can get some sort of indication as time progresses towards offer day in March.
My DD got a score of 334.20 for CSSE and 105.17 for CEM. We are in catchment for CCHS.
From what I can tell the amber cut off for Colchester is 325, WHSG 324 and Southend 303 Therefore does this mean she would eventually be offered a place in one of these schools? Our second choice would be Colchester Girls and first choice CCHS.

My most imp question is, would my DD have a chance of making it to CCHS if her score is 1.8 less than the top tier cut off of 106.98?

Does one get any indication at all between now and March for any of the schools whether her chances are going up or not?

Can anyone with past experience shed some light on this please?

Thanks

I think she’ll be likely to gain a place at CCHS and less chance at the southend schools. Last year the cut off for top band was 108. Something and 105.55 was offered off the waiting list. This year the cut off is 106.98 so you’re much closer to the cut off this year than children who got in with the same score last year.
Tigermama72

Re: Amber Waiting lists - CSSE/CEM

Post by Tigermama72 »

Thanks Meribel. That’s a little reassuring for sure. Keeping my fingers crossed.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now