303 lowest ooc score for SHSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Marcho161

303 lowest ooc score for SHSG

Post by Marcho161 »

Wondering if anyone can help? On the historical data sheet, there is an interesting anomaly of the lowest ooc score for SHSG being 303. I’ve checked back on the cut off scores on the forum for the last few years and can’t find when that actually happened. Can I assume it would be highly unusual for this to happen - my daughter scored 306 ooc and I wasn’t even going to bother putting the grammars on my form, but now I’m wondering whether to put SHSG on there, just in case?
mitasol

Re: 303 lowest ooc score for SHSG

Post by mitasol »

It may be best to ask the school for clarification.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Yes, it is correct for those applying from within the priority admissions area, but may well have been for OOC at some point. Remember that if you are OOC, SHSG tends to be the, I suppose it will have to do, then, if she's not going to get in at any other grammar school within a 50 mile radius option. So once all the IC applicants have been admitted, filling a vacated OOC place (girl leaving for WHSG, usually, but occasionally skipping a rung and going straight to CCHS),, there may be a drop to a bare pass.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

I believe in 2015 the lowest score (ooc) was 303 from the waiting list, can’t remember if the overall scores were particularly low that year.
Marcho161

Post by Marcho161 »

In case anyone else is interested, I contacted the school with this query. The person who was given a 303 ooc place at SHSG, as noted on the historical data form, was given the place as a result of a successful appeal. So there were still ooc applicants with higher scores who did not get a place.
I think it’s wrong for them to use this as the “lowest score” on the data sheet, as it is so misleading when other pupils with higher ooc scores didn’t get in.