Missing secondary school admission closing date.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: Missing secondary school admission closing date.

Post by ToadMum »

emadalsuhaily wrote:Hello MissMo

How do I submit it. It does not allow me to do that.

Thanks
KR
Emad
You have to submit a paper form (but you may be able to scan and send it - check with Admissions. If you do send it by post, send it RMSD and keep a copy).

https://www.essex.gov.uk/apply-for-a-se ... hool-place

Apply

Online applications are now closed.

Use the secondary school admission application form (PDF, 93KB) if you wish to make a late application.

All applications received after 31 October will be treated as late and will only be processed after all the on-time applications.

You are less likely to get a place at one of your preferred schools if you apply late.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
olucares

Post by olucares »

MissMo wrote:Just make a submission immediately. I heard that sometimes there is an unofficial grace period - so it’s worth a try. Worst case, your child will be top of the waiting list.
This happened to my sister in law a few years ago, albeit in Kent. She submitted a paper application the next working day and she did get an offer to a grammar school for her daughter March 1st.
Lenazayka75

Post by Lenazayka75 »

Every LA has a period ( around one month) after 31st October when the application can be accepted like on the time. I think the best you can do is to contact with your LA and explain them your problem.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Lenazayka75 wrote:Every LA has a period ( around one month) after 31st October when the application can be accepted like on the time. I think the best you can do is to contact with your LA and explain them your problem.
I can assure you, Lenazayka, every LA does not!! Please can you list the ones that you believe do here? The CAF closing date of 31st October has been agreed nationally to stop exactly this....!

That is not to say that where there has been an obvious technical fault (eg the Council system goes down), which the Council IT department can confirm (my husband works in IT and his phone tells him every single time the system goes down and how long for - it can be mere seconds, minutes or hours) OR where there is very good extenuating circumstances (such as a single parent being in hospital themselves or with a sibling) that can equally be proven, then the LA will look at it on a case by case situation.
emadalsuhaily

Post by emadalsuhaily »

Really grateful to all of you. Your sdvice is really helpful.

I am planning to go to the admission department tomorrow. Anyone knows their address and contact details please.

KR
Emad
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

emadalsuhaily wrote:Really grateful to all of you. Your sdvice is really helpful.

I am planning to go to the admission department tomorrow. Anyone knows their address and contact details please.

KR
Emad
You should be able to find the details easily, just google Admissions for your Local Authority e.g. KCC
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

yoyo123 wrote:
emadalsuhaily wrote:Really grateful to all of you. Your sdvice is really helpful.

KR
Emad
You should be able to find the details easily, just google Admissions for your Local Authority e.g. KCC
Essex Admissions are located in County Hall in Chelmsford - but I really would ring them first, if you actually want to speak to someone, as opposed to just hand-delivering your paper application to Reception.

The address is on the form:
https://assets.ctfassets.net/knkzaf64jx ... m_2020.pdf

They may be a little busy, given the time of year.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
emadalsuhaily

Post by emadalsuhaily »

Hi

Struggling to find their phone number please.

Also if I go to them, will I be able to see anyone there to explain the situation.

KR
Emad
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I googled "Essex county council admissions phone number"
Annual and mid-term admissions enquiries.

Email: admissions@essex.gov.uk

Tel: 0345 603 2200
scary mum
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

yoyo123 wrote:

KR
Emad
^ you need to contact the LEA of the area you live in not necessarily where the schools are located
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now