Number of children sitting CSSE exam 2019 for 2020 entry?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ELLSBELLS

Number of children sitting CSSE exam 2019 for 2020 entry?

Post by ELLSBELLS »

Does anyone know how many children sat the CSSE exam this year please?
We are hoping for a place at Colchester CHSG and trying to gauge how many others there are competing for the 192 places! :)
RedDevil66

Re: Number of children sitting CSSE exam 2019 for 2020 entry

Post by RedDevil66 »

ELLSBELLS wrote:Does anyone know how many children sat the CSSE exam this year please?
We are hoping for a place at Colchester CHSG and trying to gauge how many others there are competing for the 192 places! :)
If it was over 6000 last year, you can bet the number will be around the same. A fair few will have done it for the journey and hoping to get into top set in a local comprehensive and a fair amount will be taking exams for a number of London schools including QE and HB. It's difficult to assess just how many are realistic about getting place
anonymparent

Post by anonymparent »

I see n=5645 in the standardisation sheet, guessing that to be the number of candidates
ELLSBELLS

Post by ELLSBELLS »

Thank you
EssexMum2019

Post by EssexMum2019 »

Hi, the approx figure that you quote...does this include both boys and girls who are applying for a number of different CSSE schools across Essex? Is the CSSE exam say at CCHSG exactly the same as the exam sat at Southend or Chelmsford? I know this might be a pretty obvious question but for own sanity I just needed to double check! TIA
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

EssexMum2019 wrote:Hi, the approx figure that you quote...does this include both boys and girls who are applying for a number of different CSSE schools across Essex? Is the CSSE exam say at CCHSG exactly the same as the exam sat at Southend or Chelmsford? I know this might be a pretty obvious question but for own sanity I just needed to double check! TIA

Yes, it's an obvious question :). It's all the same exam.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
EssexMum2019

Post by EssexMum2019 »

Thanks toadmum. Just trying to settle a debate with my husband re numbers of applicants!! :D
ToadMum wrote:
EssexMum2019 wrote:Hi, the approx figure that you quote...does this include both boys and girls who are applying for a number of different CSSE schools across Essex? Is the CSSE exam say at CCHSG exactly the same as the exam sat at Southend or Chelmsford? I know this might be a pretty obvious question but for own sanity I just needed to double check! TIA

Yes, it's an obvious question :). It's all the same exam.
rm62

Post by rm62 »

RedDevil66 wrote:
ELLSBELLS wrote:Does anyone know how many children sat the CSSE exam this year please?
If it was over 6000 last year, you can bet the number will be around the same. A fair few will have done it for the journey and hoping to get into top set in a local comprehensive and a fair amount will be taking exams for a number of London schools including QE and HB. It's difficult to assess just how many are realistic about getting place

The number for boys and girls combined was 5465 (there is no breakdown sadly) Last year combined total was 5646.
Blackwater

Post by Blackwater »

rm62 wrote:
RedDevil66 wrote:

The number for boys and girls combined was 5465 (there is no breakdown sadly) Last year combined total was 5646.
About 2914 boys took the exam, looking at theraw scores table
It is knowledge to know a tomato is botanically a fruit, it is wisdom not to put it in a fruit salad...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now