Commute from Chelmsford to CCHSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Anu25

Commute from Chelmsford to CCHSG

Post by Anu25 »

Hi,

We are looking for commuting options for our daughter to colchester girls school from Chelmsford. I have seen the bus routes mentioned on the CSSE website. Are the buses dedicated for only school kids?
Also are there any parents using any privately arrange coach services?
I am confused as it is not very clear information on the website. Also are there any previous forum topics where we could get any guidance.

Regards
pinkrabbit38

Re: Commute from Chelmsford to CCHSG

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Depends where you are in Chelmsford.
My daughter uses the 525 from Tesco Roundabout to CCHSG, it goes into town, the station, Sainsbury’s, Witham, Kelvedon and Colchester. It’s just school kids.
Anu25

Post by Anu25 »

Thanks for your reply.
We live currently near Broomfield. Does your daughter attend any after school clubs? Do they have bus options to return after attending the school clubs?
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Anu25 wrote:Thanks for your reply.
We live currently near Broomfield. Does your daughter attend any after school clubs? Do they have bus options to return after attending the school clubs?
She doesn’t attend any after school clubs.....her choice because she plays a lot of ice hockey so would rather get home for that but if she did it would have to be public transport to get home.
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

I'm in springfield and the bus goes from the plough or sainsburys. There are 2 that serve this bit of town and I believe they cover Broomfield, the Walthams etc so possible to get from quite a way round the city to Colchester. Use the first bus app. It also brings up the school buses if you plug in arrive Monday by 845am from your current destination it'll tell you the best route.
TheVMan

Post by TheVMan »

My daughter has been offered a place at Colchester County High School for Girls.

We live in the Little Waltham area of Chelmsford, close to The Plough and Sainsburys bus stops.

As per CSSE Transport website, it looks like buses 525 and 676 serve these stops.

Could anyone living in this area, whose children are commuting to Colchester please tell me, which of these buses is better, in terms of timings and duration of commute?

Are there other alternative bus services from this area that I've missed?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Proudmumregardless

Congratulations! The stephensons bus seems to leave later and arrive at school earlier than the first bus from what my daughter tells me.
TheVMan

Post by TheVMan »

Thank you. It looks like at least an hours journey by bus, each way.
Proudmumregardless

Probably is from you. It collects on springfield Road at 730
EtsuNori

Post by EtsuNori »

Hi,

My son uses Stephenson's bus 676 from Sainsbury's (you apply through CSSE). It is good because you can truck the bus on their website so you can know where they are too.
Once a week he joins the club after school (the club finishes at 4:45pm) so he uses the public bus (first) 71.