2020 Entry Allocation Scores & Collated Cutoffs

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MissMo

Re: 2020 Entry Allocation Scores & Collated Cutoffs

Post by MissMo »

A friend's son just got an offer to SHSB OOC . He scored 346 (sorry I don't know the decimal points)
Kunche

Post by Kunche »

You may know this information previously. I am just posting for those who are not aware. This is from the reply from the respective schools obtained from parents as per the information of Freedom Act 2000

The standardised score for the last person admitted in September 2019 for CRGS was 340.202451
The standardised score for the last person admitted in September 2019 for Colchester County high school for girls was
Kunche

Post by Kunche »

Waiting list :ColCHSG - moving slow and steady
18/3/2020 - 9th
23/3/2020 - 7th
26/3/2020 - 5th
7/4/2020. - 4th
ukessex09

Post by ukessex09 »

please could you the 2019 kegs cut off for incatchment score
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ukessex09 wrote:please could you the 2019 kegs cut off for incatchment score
345, according to the FAQs on the school's website (What 11+ score gets a place at KEGS?).
http://www.kegs.org.uk/frequently-asked ... /2624.html

There may have been subsequent dropouts and replacements, of course; the figure on that page isn't 'live', as far as I'm aware.
Last edited by ToadMum on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Kunche

Post by Kunche »

Waiting list :ColCHSG
18/3/2020 - 9th
23/3/2020 - 7th
26/3/2020 - 5th
7/4/2020. - 4th
7/4/2020.(evening) - 2nd
natbyte

Post by natbyte »

Hello, I am new to the forum, my son has a score of 342.674 and is on the waiting list for CRGS (it is the only Grammar school we applied to as it is local to us). I noticed that the cut off on this forum has been 341 up until now, but there must be other people in my position who have not yet been offered a place who have not yet accessed the forum. I wondered if there was anyone reading this forum who is in a similar situation?

Thanks
Fuzzyfelt23

Post by Fuzzyfelt23 »

The cut offs are different every year, in the case of CRGS its based on the top 128 scores of boys who have applied. The offer day cut off last year was over 343, but went down to 341 by the start of the academic year.

This year I think there has been an impact due to changes made to the Southend schools intake, they now guarantee a certain number of places for Pupil Premium boys in their out of catchment allocations. This will have reduced the number of higher scoring boys getting into Southend schools, some of whom will have had offers from CRGS.

You should be able to check the CSSE website to see where you are on the waiting list.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Fuzzyfelt23 wrote:The cut offs are different every year, in the case of CRGS its based on the top 128 scores of boys who have applied. The offer day cut off last year was over 343, but went down to 341 by the start of the academic year.

This year I think there has been an impact due to changes made to the Southend schools intake, they now guarantee a certain number of places for Pupil Premium boys in their out of catchment allocations. This will have reduced the number of higher scoring boys getting into Southend schools, some of whom will have had offers from CRGS.

You should be able to check the CSSE website to see where you are on the waiting list.

The CSSE is nothing to do with waiting lists - you need to check with Essex County Council site for any school in Essex and the Southend Borough Council site for Southend for any school in the Borough of Southend (the Southend and Westvliff grammar schools, St Thomas More, St Bernard'sand Shoeburyness High being the CSSE schools here).
ToadMum wrote:

The contact details for the Southend schools admissions team are in the Southend Borough Secondary School Admissions booklet:
http://www.southend.gov.uk/download/dow ... 202021.pdf

The School Admissions Team at the Council will be pleased to answer any questions you may have
regarding catchment areas, online admissions, completion of the Common Application Form, the allocationof places, waiting lists and the appeals process. Details of all the relevant contact points and telephone numbers are shown below. If you feel there is any way that we can improve our service please let us know.

Telephone:
The School Admission Team 01702 212934
Department for People 01702 215007
Email:
admissions@southend.gov.uk
https://secureweb1.essex.gov.uk/Schools ... Lists/home

Essex Schools Waiting List

You can check your child's current position on the waiting list of any Essex secondary school for year 7 for September 2020.

You will need the last 6 digits of your child's Application Reference Number. If you are an Essex resident – this can be found on your offer email or letter. If you no longer have either of these please call 0345 603 2200. If you pay Council Tax to another authority (e.g. Redbridge, Hertfordshire Havering, Southend-on-Sea, Thurrock) please call 0345 603 2200 to obtain your child’s Essex Application Reference Number.

Waiting lists are updated throughout the working day, as the waiting list changes.

There are various changes to the way that services are being provided at the moment, though - if applicable, details should be on the relevant LA's website (and remember that today is national offer day for primary school entry).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
natbyte

Post by natbyte »

Thanks, we already have his position on the waiting list, I just wondered if there were any other parents on the forum waiting for the same school with a similar result. From what you have said, it may be that there are a number of pupils who end up travelling from Southend to Colchester each day due to the change in admissions for the Southend schools, and this is something I didn't know - I am not really au fait with the system. Thanks again.