11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Victor

Effect of Covid 19 on year 7 entrants

Post by Victor »

Any thoughts worrying times
Nella

Re: Effect of Covid 19 on year 7 entrants

Post by Nella »

What ever happens they are all in the same boat. Yes they’ll miss schooling but to be honest as long as they are healthy that’s all that matters to me.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Nella wrote:What ever happens they are all in the same boat. Yes they’ll miss schooling but to be honest as long as they are healthy that’s all that matters to me.
Nella, you have put it perfectly!

Maybe, after all this we might get some perspective back.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Every year group is thinking the same. My main thoughts are with the Y11 and 13s. DD is in Y10, her school are doing a lot to try and keep them on track but being on GCSE path it is a huge worry for them. They also wonder if the same might happen to them and so no opportunity to have a bad day, ‘just in case’. The general consensus is that as GCSEs are peer ranked those those have diligent parents and supportive schools will have an advantage. Feel sorry for those who are not in such a situation.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Personally I think it is more worrying for Y10/12....they have to contend with approximately one significant term or online learning which is never as satisfactory as face to face. They will not have leeway/flexibility that is going to be given to this years 11/13, they will (y12) miss out on open days, Unis will be far more flexible for this year’s entrants but will try and defer a higher number which then impacts on the number of spaces in courses next year. They also won’t have the opportunity at a free shot resit, for any results they aren’t happy with (on top of an appeal process), where they can keep the higher result of the two efforts.

On balance, I think Y11s/13 have come out with a pretty good option in the circumstances.

W/r to Y7, schools are planning for a possible restart in July. If that happens, I think we might have increased measures again late summer (to keep having periods where we flatten the curve) until we have a higher proportion of immunity and/or a vaccine.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Essex residents may find this Essex ACL course interesting:
https://courses.aclessex.com/AvailableC ... ay&SRT=ASC
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx