2020 anonymised results for colchester county high for girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

Re: 2020 anonymised results for colchester county high for g

Post by Daogroupie »

It could not be a list of all girls who put it first choice as the school does not have that information.

All Colchester know is the list of those who put it as one of their preferences,but they are not told which preference it was. DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

MrsBeardsley wrote:
Wearesmashingit wrote:https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... s.pdf.html

http://www.cchs.co.uk/admissions/foi-requests/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for this.

But what exactly is it a list of? All girls who sat the examination at the school, all girls who listed Colchester as first choice or all girls who listed Colchester as one of their options?

I'm trying to understand how come a score of 341.15 was offered a place last year, a score of 336.89 was 9th on the waiting list last year (all info taken from elsewhere on this forum) but these scores are 'only' 329th and 365th respectively, when there are just 192 places? Who are these 150ish other girls who scored higher but were not offered a place?

New to all this shennanigans so advice from any old hands is appreciated. Thank you.

The link quoted is for Chelmsford County High School for Girls. Completely separate entrance test from that for Colchester County High (CCHSG).

It's a list of anonymised scores, in rank order, of the candidates registering with Chelmsford County High for the purposes of the exam, by the looks of it, with the added info as to whether the candidate was within the priority admissions area (12.5 Mike radius) or not. Doesnt help at all with admissions to CCHSG, though.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

MrsBeardsley wrote:
Wearesmashingit wrote:https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... s.pdf.html

http://www.cchs.co.uk/admissions/foi-requests/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for this.

But what exactly is it a list of? All girls who sat the examination at the school, all girls who listed Colchester as first choice or all girls who listed Colchester as one of their options?

I'm trying to understand how come a score of 341.15 was offered a place last year, a score of 336.89 was 9th on the waiting list last year (all info taken from elsewhere on this forum) but these scores are 'only' 329th and 365th respectively, when there are just 192 places? Who are these 150ish other girls who scored higher but were not offered a place?

New to all this shennanigans so advice from any old hands is appreciated. Thank you.
You are looking at the wrong result sheet. Results for Colchester County High School for girls is available on CSSE website. I have done some analysis on the last year's score so give me a shout if you have any question.
MrsBeardsley

Post by MrsBeardsley »

Thanks all. No, I’m looking at the first link in the original post, it’s most definitely for Colchester! Apologies for the C&P confusion.

I’m just trying to get my head around the situation as I’ve explained it above. It’s nonsensical that 150 or so girls would score that highly and not be offered a place. Do that many kids apply to multiple schools and sit multiple tests? I’m old school and in my day, you sat the test for your local grammar, if successful you went there, if not you went to your local comprehensive.

(This is being done to assess whether a girl with a standardised score of 350 is likely to be offered a place at Colchester for 2021. Based on prior years guidance sheets I thought that would be the case, now I’ve seen there are likely to be some 250 higher scoring girls, I’m less sure!)
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

MrsBeardsley wrote:Thanks all. No, I’m looking at the first link in the original post, it’s most definitely for Colchester! Apologies for the C&P confusion.

I’m just trying to get my head around the situation as I’ve explained it above. It’s nonsensical that 150 or so girls would score that highly and not be offered a place. Do that many kids apply to multiple schools and sit multiple tests? I’m old school and in my day, you sat the test for your local grammar, if successful you went there, if not you went to your local comprehensive.

(This is being done to assess whether a girl with a standardised score of 350 is likely to be offered a place at Colchester for 2021. Based on prior years guidance sheets I thought that would be the case, now I’ve seen there are likely to be some 250 higher scoring girls, I’m less sure!)
It is not that the 150 girls were not offered a place. First of all, the document provides scores of all the Children who listed CCHSG as one of their choices on the CAF. School has provided that list as it doesn't know whether a child has put them as the first choice.

As regards children ranked say 350 to be offered a place is not unusual as I am aware that a number of children from Chelmsford take the CSSE exam, bust despite performing well in it, they put Chelmsford Grammar School as their first choice. Similarly, a number of high ranking children opt for Southend Schools (as that's where they live). Lastly, a some children end up going to independent schools despite scoring well in CSSE. In 2020, a Child scoring around 364 marks was placed 192nd in rank order. Therefore, 350 as the cut-off for the Green Band in the Guidance sheet does look reasonable.
Cheetah

Post by Cheetah »

Hello, my dd scored 339.57, will she be offered a place at Colchester County High School for Girls?
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

Cheetah wrote:Hello, my dd scored 339.57, will she be offered a place at Colchester County High School for Girls?
If the marks distribution is similar to the previous years and there isn't a significant surge in applications to CCHSG as the first choice, your DD stands a good chance to be offered a place on the National Offer day itself.

Best wishes!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

on_the_edge wrote:
Cheetah wrote:Hello, my dd scored 339.57, will she be offered a place at Colchester County High School for Girls?
If the marks distribution is similar to the previous years and there isn't a significant surge in applications to CCHSG as the first choice, your DD stands a good chance to be offered a place on the National Offer day itself.

Best wishes!
The difference this year is that there are some priority places with a threshold of 320 up to 20 girls eligible for pupil premium, plus any LAC applicants), rather than places all just being allocated on score alone, but 339 with no priority would probably still be a safe bet.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Cheetah

Post by Cheetah »

on_the_edge wrote:

Best wishes!
Thanks!
Cheetah

Post by Cheetah »

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... core_for_2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to this:
The last student offered a place on National Offer day for Academic Year
2020/2021 scored in the range of 337-338.

The last student offered a place at CCHSG for Academic Year 2020/2021
scored in the range of 329-330.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now