Face masks for 11 plus exam?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Elaine13

Face masks for 11 plus exam?

Post by Elaine13 »

So the instructions for the CSSE exam have arrived in the post today. My son has been allocated a slot at CRGS and in the instructions it is requested that children wear a face covering which can be removed for the exam. Does anyone else have any concerns about primary school children being asked to wear face coverings? He does not have to wear one at school and is obviously exempt form the government regulations as he is under 11 year old. I feel strongly that children should not wear face coverings and he is not used to wearing one. I do not want to put my son in an awkward situation on the day of the exam, potentially being challenged as to why he is not wearing one. I also do not want to make him wear something he is unused to and uncomfortable with. I would be interested to know other parents feelings about this. Thank you
ToadMum

Re: Face masks for 11 plus exam?

Post by ToadMum »

Elaine13 wrote:So the instructions for the CSSE exam have arrived in the post today. My son has been allocated a slot at CRGS and in the instructions it is requested that children wear a face covering which can be removed for the exam. Does anyone else have any concerns about primary school children being asked to wear face coverings? He does not have to wear one at school and is obviously exempt form the government regulations as he is under 11 year old. I feel strongly that children should not wear face coverings and he is not used to wearing one. I do not want to put my son in an awkward situation on the day of the exam, potentially being challenged as to why he is not wearing one. I also do not want to make him wear something he is unused to and uncomfortable with. I would be interested to know other parents feelings about this. Thank you
If you look over st the Herts / Other and N. London section, you will see that Latymer appears to have introduced the requirement for masks to be worn, at some point in the morning between the first group arriving and the next. I subscribe to the gov.uk Education and Childcare updates and I can't remember seeing this one, but admittedly am more interested in current secondary pupils / HE stuff.

But you are right, under 11s have not been required to wear face coverings (although some families seem to have very small children in them, sort of like 'dressing up like Mummy' outfits). If he won't be 11 for some time, you could say that although your DS understands that he will have to get used to wearing them in time for his 11th birthday, he has tried wearing one and at the moment, it causes him distress?

I can see some point in suggesting that non-exempt adults wear them, though, if they will be queuing at all.

(Toddles off to have a rummage through the pile of gov.uk emails on her inbox... ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now