CSSE exam sittings

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bittenfingernails

CSSE exam sittings

Post by bittenfingernails »

I'm curious about the social distancing measures in place for the forthcoming 11-plus. My 11-year-old is due to sit the exam on November 7 at WHSG. I know of at least two sittings on that day - registration between 7.20am-7.55am and 11am-11.30am - and I was wondering if anyone else has a later sitting on the same day. Just wondering how many children will be in each classroom and how busy it will be etc
EssexMum2019

Re: CSSE exam sittings

Post by EssexMum2019 »

Hi bittenfingernails, I too am curious about the measures in place however I am sure they are doing everything they can to keep everyone safe. Personally I would have preferred CSSE to arrange the seatings by school bubbles so that most children will be sitting with the children they are already bubbled with at school, although everyone will be seated at a safe distance anyway. We are sitting at Colchester where I am certain that there will be a large number of candidates so both myself and DC will be wearing a mask in anticipation of the large number of people queueing at the start. They will remove their mask when they have their registration photo taken and then I have left it to DC to decide whether or not they want to wear a mask during the actual exam.
pinkrabbit38

Re: CSSE exam sittings

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

As far as I’m aware the exam is being held over 2 days at Colchester, so less children at each sitting. The tests sittings are further apart than usual to prevent there being children arriving and leaving at the same time.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now