Chelmsford score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sonu1kanda

Chelmsford score

Post by sonu1kanda »

The girls who sat one exam for Redbridge(Woodford County) and Chelmsford - do they get two different scores (one from Redbridge and one from Chelmsford) even though they only sat one exam?
A parent told me they received two different scores - is that right?
Last edited by sonu1kanda on Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ToadMum

Re: Chelmsford score

Post by ToadMum »

sonu1kanda wrote:The girls who sat one exam for Redbridge(Woodford County) and Chelmsford - do they get two different scores (one from Redbridge and one from Chelmsford) even though they only sat one exam?
A parent told me they received two different scores - is that right?
Yes, your DD would get a score for the placing in the group who registered with Woodford and a separate score for her placing in the group who registered with Chelmsford. The more the overlap, the nearer the two scores are likely to be. However, as Redbridge holds out very little hope, if any, of getting an offer if OOC, vs CCHS offering at least some places purely on score, whether you live above a shop in Chelmsford city centre or on the outskirts of Aberystwyth, it is more likely that a Redbridge grammars common catchment area resident also registers with CCHS than vice versa.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
sonu1kanda

Re: Chelmsford score

Post by sonu1kanda »

Thank you Toadmum. I am in catchment for Redbridge, not for Chelmsford. Just had a score from Redbridge of 119.59.

Now the agonising wait for the Chelmsford score. I am assuming the Chelmsford score will be lower but obviously don't know by how much so it is hard to say whether she will get in.

According to the Chelmsford website, last year a band of 114-115 OOC was offered.