Waiting list (CRGS)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
stellanova

Waiting list (CRGS)

Post by stellanova »

Hello! I’m sure this has been covered before in this forum but I couldn’t find it. I was wondering how waiting lists work - specifically for CRGS if they are different. My son has a score that might, but probably won’t, get him a place - it has in the past, but wouldn’t have done last year. If he is offered his second choice (non grammar) school next week, will he automatically go on the waiting list for CRGS, or do I have to do anything? He probably won’t get in even on he waiting list but I feel I should at least find out.Thanks!
ToadMum

Re: Waiting list (CRGS)

Post by ToadMum »

stellanova wrote:Hello! I’m sure this has been covered before in this forum but I couldn’t find it. I was wondering how waiting lists work - specifically for CRGS if they are different. My son has a score that might, but probably won’t, get him a place - it has in the past, but wouldn’t have done last year. If he is offered his second choice (non grammar) school next week, will he automatically go on the waiting list for CRGS, or do I have to do anything? He probably won’t get in even on he waiting list but I feel I should at least find out.Thanks!
If you live in the Essex CC area, then his name will automatically go on the waiting list for any school you ranked above the one he is allocated. It is the same in most LAs, but it is best to check the system in your own, if not Essex. Some LAs ask you to confirm that you want to go on the waiting list, I believe.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
stellanova

Post by stellanova »

I am Essex, thank you for replying.
Saffery13

Post by Saffery13 »

Good morning

Does anyone have any clue as to where the CRGS offer cut off is at all?

Thanks in advance
hongkong

Post by hongkong »

I think 342 but so few people posting on here at the moment it is very hard to tell.
Krishna186

Post by Krishna186 »

Hi
I was surprised to see my son was not on the WL for CRGS BOYS although I had put in school name in the CAF form . He is currently offered for SOUTHEND BOYS but had CRGS in the higher priority. Have reached to Essex Council and also the school - not sure who maintains the waitlist info .
Anyone else in the same situation ? Also any view on the cutoffs for CRGS ?

Thanks.
kindsoul

Post by kindsoul »

My son is 50th in waiting list for CRGS.
I saw somewhere last year the student 45th position got a place during summer.
Just wanted to know the possibility of any offer? Thanks

CSSE standardised score: 335.17
Last edited by kindsoul on Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

kindsoul wrote:My son is 50th in waiting list for CRGS.
I saw somewhere last year the student 45th position got a place during summer.
do you think the waiting list move that far this year?
What was his CSSE score? It might give some idea of likely WL position to Krishna186 while they wait for Essex to update them officially :).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Krishna186

Post by Krishna186 »

Krishna186 wrote:Hi
I was surprised to see my son was not on the WL for CRGS BOYS although I had put in school name in the CAF form . He is currently offered for SOUTHEND BOYS but had CRGS in the higher priority. Have reached to Essex Council and also the school - not sure who maintains the waitlist info .
Anyone else in the same situation ? Also any view on the cutoffs for CRGS ?

Thanks.
I am still waiting for a response from Essex County Council School Admissions team or from CRGS admissions .. have reached out to both and no one has a clue as to who creates and manages the waitlist - so my son should be on CRGS WL but is not at the moment . He has 336 - so may be in the border with a chance but until I know his WL position I will have no idea on this .

Anyone with WL info for CRGS and associated score ?

Thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Krishna186 wrote:
I am still waiting for a response from Essex County Council School Admissions team or from CRGS admissions .. have reached out to both and no one has a clue as to who creates and manages the waitlist - so my son should be on CRGS WL but is not at the moment . He has 336 - so may be in the border with a chance but until I know his WL position I will have no idea on this .

Anyone with WL info for CRGS and associated score ?

Thanks
Essex CC holds the waiting lists for all schools (within Essex CC, that is) until the end of August.

Was CRGS the only school you placed above SHSB on your CAF? If not, is your DS's name showing up on the waiting list for the other schools?