Congratulations to all kids.

My DS has been offered KEGS as OOC .
He scored 376.67

We are quite pleased.
' READING provides you with Knowledge, But THINKING makes it your own ! '
Meribel

Re: 2021 allocations and scores

Post by Meribel »

Well done everyone! Could you please post any scores that haven’t been offered too. It helps to see where the cutoff is and also if any mistakes have been made.

Thank you!
bobsmith

Post by bobsmith »

CRGS 1st choice
In catchment
317 - on waiting list
February born
Famkris

Post by Famkris »

DS scored 335.44 and secured place in Southend Boys school outside catchment.
waiting list for KEGS and CRGS.
DS is not listed in waiting list for Westcliff when I had listed Westcliff as 3rd above Southend. Any advice from anyone please.
hongkong

Post by hongkong »

CCHSG 325 not offered
BuddyEssex

Post by BuddyEssex »

Famkris wrote:DS scored 335.44 and secured place in Southend Boys school outside catchment.
DS is not listed in waiting list for Westcliff when I had listed Westcliff as 3rd above Southend. Any advice from anyone please.

Hi Famkris
If you are looking on the Essex portal (?) I think that’s because WHSB is under Southend LEA so they hold the waiting list. You will need to contact Southend in a couple of weeks to see where your DS is on the list. That’s what happened to us a few years back with DD. We have the same with DS as shows on WL for KEGS but not for WHSB. Sure a Moderator will know if that’s not the case !
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

BuddyEssex wrote:
Famkris wrote:DS scored 335.44 and secured place in Southend Boys school outside catchment.

Hi Famkris
If you are looking on the Essex portal (?) I think that’s because WHSB is under Southend LEA so they hold the waiting list. You will need to contact Southend in a couple of weeks to see where your DS is on the list. That’s what happened to us a few years back with DD. We have the same with DS as shows on WL for KEGS but not for WHSB. Sure a Moderator will know if that’s not the case !
Not a Mod, but local to WHSB and 100% certain that it, like SHSB, is situated within the unitary Borough of Southend on Sea :D. So yes, it's the Admissions Team at Southend Borough Council you need to contact wrt your DS's place on the WHSB waiting list.

However, this 8s currently the message on the SBC website:
Only the Admission Team at Southend-on-Sea have waiting lists for schools in Southend. Waiting lists updates will not be ready daily, parents can check after easter.

https://www.southend.gov.uk/school-admi ... admissions
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
DAREjames

Post by DAREjames »

Hi Famkris,
if you don't mind sharing, how far are you on the waiting list for KEGS.
thanks.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Waiting list positions for Essex schools aren't normally available (and via Essex CC, not the individual schools) until at least the middle of the month.

This year, it is from the 17th - details here:

https://www.essex.gov.uk/after-your-sch ... ting-lists
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Famkris

Post by Famkris »

Thanks ToadMum.

I have emailed Admissions@southend.gov.uk and got a response back that my DS is on waiting list for WHSB

Dear DAREjames,
I only have a message in the online portal that my DD is in waiting list for CRGS and KEGS and no information about the waiting list number.