2022 entry preparation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
annam2013

Re: 2022 entry preparation

Post by annam2013 »

tyang wrote:Any idea when the registration starts? CCHS website states March 2021 but there isn’t any more info on their website then the standard admission policy.
I believe from end of April till approx mid June. But cannot be completely sure. Will keep my eyes glued to the school website :lol:
practisehard

Post by practisehard »

Dates are now confirmed in the CCHS website.
PipeDream

Post by PipeDream »

Hi all, long time lurker but only just joined here. DD has hopes of Chelmsford or Colchester. Very bright and motivated but I feel the odds are massively stacked against due to out of catchment and December birthday. What sort of raw score is she likely to need does anyone know?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

PipeDream wrote:Hi all, long time lurker but only just joined here. DD has hopes of Chelmsford or Colchester. Very bright and motivated but I feel the odds are massively stacked against due to out of catchment and December birthday. What sort of raw score is she likely to need does anyone know?

Hi, if you look back through the 'scores' threads from around each October (obviously a bit different this most recent year), for the CSSE exam (for CCHSG) you will see what raw scores translated into in terms of standardised scores, then have a look at the collated cut-offs threads for the following March onwards, to see what the lowest standardised score was that secured a place.

CCHS does not release information re the raw scores in their entrance test underpinning their standardised scores.

Where are you applying from? CCHS has a priority admissions area of a 12.5 mile radius and the score required to achieve a placeis inevitably higher for OOC than IC, due to far refer places being available, but there is no priority admissions area for CCHSG.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
PipeDream

Post by PipeDream »

I did have a look at a couple of those threads, all very confusing, I will look more thoroughly though thank you. I think we are pinning hopes on CCHSG. Sadly we are about 16 miles from CCHS.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now