primary schools recommendation in chelmsford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CM3_dad

primary schools recommendation in chelmsford

Post by CM3_dad »

Congrats to all who got their choice of schools. I will be moving to Chelmsford due to my kids getting the grammar school seats. But I do have a reception child who will have to move schools. How does St Annes, St Cedds and Widford Lodge private schools compare to the local state schools? They do make up a high proportion of grammer school intakes. Is it down to the school, and hence is it worth the fee? My oldest 2 went to a state school, and had diy tutoring by myself, and did well in the 11 plus. However, they are bright children, and I didn't feel the school (bar 1 teacher) did enough to push them to their full potential. The work is geared for the masses (median child), and so they were often not challenged and would perform well despite being lazy. Hence I am looking for schools, should ds3 turn out to be a bright child. Do the private feeder schools provide a better quality education, or are they simply full of pushy parents prepared to pay for extra tuition that actually are the cause of the high 11 plus success of these schools?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now