Westcliff Boys Waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Krishna186

Westcliff Boys Waiting list

Post by Krishna186 »

Hi All,

How does the waitlist process work for WCHSB ? DS on WL for WSHB but has Southend boys . Currently OOC but will be moving in to Southend . When we move into Southend , would DS be considered as IC for this WL ?

Any help/pointers is much appreciated.

Regards,
ToadMum

Re: Westcliff Boys Waiting list

Post by ToadMum »

Krishna186 wrote:Hi All,

How does the waitlist process work for WCHSB ? DS on WL for WSHB but has Southend boys . Currently OOC but will be moving in to Southend . When we move into Southend , would DS be considered as IC for this WL ?

Any help/pointers is much appreciated.

Regards,
I would check with the council - the Southend and Westcliff admissions policies are 'different', iirc (if they haven't changed very recently) in having a cap on IC places, with a minimum of a certain number of places, plus any 'leftovers', going to OOC applicants. (Rather than IC having priority, then any available places going to OOC, or to anyone on score, wherever they live, as KEGS does). So yes, moving into area will probably put you on the IC list, but it may or may not advance your DS's place on the waiting list.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Krishna186

Post by Krishna186 »

Thanks. I called the council and they said WL for IC and OOC are kept seperate till end of Aug for Westcliff. Can anyone else confirm if this is the case as Toadmum ‘s response above seems to suggest one WL for both IC and OOC post 01 March allocation day.

Not sure Westcliff will answer this question as they seem to say Council manage the WL .

Also SOuntend council not able to provide a view on the WL positions Vs Marks view and thsi seems to be managed by CSSE.

Any info on IC WL position for score of 336 for Westcliff Boys as currently DS is WL 54 OOC ( not moved at all since 01 March )

Thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If there are no more IC applicants on thevwaitingblist, then the next IC place given up.would go to the first boy on the (OOC) list, is my understanding - but if fewer that the maximum IC places have been used by IC applicants and an IC boy drops out and a new IC boy has applied / changed status, then he would get the place, not the first OOC boy waiting (even if their score was higher).

Having an IC waiting list would have been a novelty for either of the Westcliff schools in most if not all years in the past, but I know that WHSG, at least, got either to or at least very near to their IC capacity recently.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now