CSSE past papers from 2019 onwards

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rochika_agrawal

CSSE past papers from 2019 onwards

Post by rochika_agrawal »

Hi,
I am looking for past CSSE papers. I have till 2018entry but if anybody has 2019entry onwards, then can you please share them.
Many thanks.
Blitz

Re: CSSE past papers from 2019 onwards

Post by Blitz »

They are available to purchase from the CSSE office.

https://csse.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... y-2021.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MrsBeardsley

Post by MrsBeardsley »

Interesting - has anyone had a look at the 2 x 2020 papers to see if there was a difference in difficulty as some claimed at the time?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The Maths papers are so identical that they really cannot be used as different papers. DG
CM3_dad

Post by CM3_dad »

The maths was similar, some had different numbers.
The english was where it was different. The perceived difficult paper, which also occurred in the previous year, is just a different style of questioning. it is more in line with the national curriculum. In previous CSSE papers, the harder questions were straight forward inference/look up. The questions were more - there's 1 right answer and you have to infer it from. The other style, first occurring in 2019 (entry to 2020), had questions which were more what do you think, supported by evidence. It was more PEE questions. There were some where there was no right answer, you simply had to justify your answer. I must admit, my dcs did badly when i first made them do the 2019 paper. But with training and guidance, they became better at it because they knew what was expected. You should prepare for both styles.
rit

Post by rit »

Search over the Internet and Ebay for 'CSSE 11+ Familiarisation Actual English Maths' and you will find them. Thanks
nssdesikan

Post by nssdesikan »

Blitz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:32 pm They are available to purchase from the CSSE office.

https://csse.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... y-2021.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can share the cost if anyone is interested to share the papers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now