CCHS CEM result, any better idea when?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

annam2013

Re: CCHS CEM result, any better idea when?

Post by annam2013 »

Yes received now. Postie came in a red van with the letter. Quite special I suppose :lol: IC in band 1.
Awamaridi

Post by Awamaridi »

IC band 2. Daughter will be so distraught! Don't know how I am going to break it to her.
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

Please can I ask what was the intake size of 2020 and 2021 in CCHS? Was it increased in between 2019 and now?
Apple15

Post by Apple15 »

Awamaridi wrote:IC band 2. Daughter will be so distraught! Don't know how I am going to break it to her.
Sorry to hear that, but there is still a chance she might get in. The letter says that some children in Band 2 IC got a place in the last three years, so could be a chance?

Don't lose hope, and also let her know that wherever she ends up going, she'll be fine - as will all the children. Good luck.
PipeDream

Post by PipeDream »

Yes don't lose hope Awamaridi, def still a chance.
I have a question about OOC, if not offered a place, how does the waiting list work after offers day. Do the OOC people have to rely on an OOC catchment person dropping out or is it just on scores only by that point if you see what I mean?
Yagyamfi

Post by Yagyamfi »

Awamaridi wrote:IC band 2. Daughter will be so distraught! Don't know how I am going to break it to her.

How far off were you from band 1?
peroni

Post by peroni »

for out of catchment candidate, what score could secure a position?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

peroni wrote:for out of catchment candidate, what score could secure a position?
Every year will be different, depending on the scores of those who actually apply for a place, but from the school's website, the March 1st lowest offers for OOC were in the following ranges:

2019 entry: 119-120
2020 entry: 114-115
2021 entry: 115-116
https://www.cchs.co.uk/admissions/foi-requests/

If you look back at threads on the forum, you will see what scores we're subsequently successful from the waiting list (if any), at least for forum members posting on here.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Awamaridi

Post by Awamaridi »

PipeDream wrote:Yes don't lose hope Awamaridi, def still a chance.
I have a question about OOC, if not offered a place, how does the waiting list work after offers day. Do the OOC people have to rely on an OOC catchment person dropping out or is it just on scores only by that point if you see what I mean?

From experience, the waiting list then becomes a free for all IC and OOC. This was from 4 years ago, it may have changed though....
susiek

Post by susiek »

We are band 2 aswell :( 0.05 off band 1, does anyone have experience they can impart, do you think that there is still a chance?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now