Moving houses

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
NTAA

Moving houses

Post by NTAA »

Hello,

We had moved to Rayeligh and rented a property last year in December because of work commitments and house renovation. My daughter now attends SHSG in year 7.
Our house renovation is complete and we are keen on moving back to Chelmsford. I would like to know the following-

1 Do we need to inform anyone other than the school about our change of address?
2. Could it have impact on my daughter's place in southend?
3. Do we need to wait until December end or any specific time?
4. Any rules which prohibit movement?
5. Has anyone any prior experience with this kind of situation or admins have heard about such situations?

Thanks!!
ToadMum

Re: Moving houses

Post by ToadMum »

If your DD got her place as an OOC applicant, then there should not be an issue.

If, however, she was treated as an IC applicant, especially if she would not have got the place if OOC, then the move back out of the priority admissions area may raise suspicions. If you only moved to Rayleigh in December, though, then presumably she was ranked as OOC, on the Chelmsford address you applied from originally?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
TN7779

Post by TN7779 »

Hi there,

Regarding the above comment for the query, has it been mentioned anywhere in any of the admission policy?

Admission policy states that any address change from September to July should be informed.

If I am not wrong, once the child starts school, there should not be any problem in moving wherever you like!

Kindly post here if someone has personally experienced such scenario.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

TN7779 wrote:Hi there,

Regarding the above comment for the query, has it been mentioned anywhere in any of the admission policy?

Admission policy states that any address change from September to July should be informed.

If I am not wrong, once the child starts school, there should not be any problem in moving wherever you like!

Kindly post here if someone has personally experienced such scenario.
It depends - if there has been a "quick dash" into catchment while the allocation process was taking place and then the family return to the original location there may be questions about the validity of the application in the first place
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

The application should have been made from the permanent residence, not from the temporary rental property used whilst building work is undertaken.

I know CCHS in Essex want evidence of a rental contract of 2 years to count the rental address as the permanent residence. They are very hot on fraudulent applications of people leap-frogging into catchment during Y6 and then moving back out in Y7. Interestingly, Rayleigh is one of the only addresses in Essex which puts an applicant into multiple Grammar School Catchment areas. :?
MrsBeardsley

Post by MrsBeardsley »

Absolute chancer.
NTAA

Post by NTAA »

Morning all,

Thank you for all your replies, very helpful indeed.

Yes, she was classed as OOC applicant and got her place in SHSG as application was made from OOC address.

The issue that I posted has been now clarified by the admission officer.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

NTAA wrote:Morning all,

Thank you for all your replies, very helpful indeed.

Yes, she was classed as OOC applicant and got her place in SHSG as application was made from OOC address.

The issue that I posted has been now clarified by the admission officer.
That's good news - always very tricky when moving at this stage, the concern is with people moving in and out of catchment at crucial moments - if you got the place as OOC then that won't have had any effect on anyone else's place - good luck with the move... :shock:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now