Essex scores October 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Vasuin

Re: Essex scores October 2021

Post by Vasuin »

Hi one of my friends son scored 335 in CSSE exam. He is applying for Southend Boys High as OCC. My friend is based in Colchester and cant move to Southend . Is there any way that he can commute from Colchester to Southend everyday for school?

Regards
V
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Vasuin wrote:Hi ,
Thank you very much for your reply.

Actually my son scored 371 in Kent test, so he can make it to Skinners', if we move to Kent. On the other hand he may get in West cliff if we move to Southend as he got 324 in CSSE. I am confused!!

Is Southend a safe place for a going up child

Any suggestions please?

Regards
V
My only suggestion is that you fill in the form in the couple of hours otherwise you will be treated as a late candidate and not considered in the first round of school allocations - wherever you end up living
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Vasuin wrote:Hi one of my friends son scored 335 in CSSE exam. He is applying for Southend Boys High as OCC. My friend is based in Colchester and cant move to Southend . Is there any way that he can commute from Colchester to Southend everyday for school?

Regards
V
I'm afraid (as someone living a couple of miles from and with a long association with SHSB and often having had to do the reverse journey, to arrive in Colchester at morning school run time), is that they need to reconsider either their choice of school, or their location.

No doubt they have already seen for themselves from the CSSE website that there is no 'school' bus from anywhere further from the school in the Colchester direction than Wickham Bishops? Also that to do the journey by train involves changing at Shenfield for a train to Prittlewell arriving in time for a 10-15 minute walk to the school for an 8.30 start? No school is worth that, even if their only realistic option within Colchester is the unloved Colchester Academy.

Just my twoha'pence worth.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Vasuin

Re: Commuting to Southend Schools from Chelmsford

Post by Vasuin »

Hi,

If my son gets into a Southend school and I live in Chelmsford, will there be any other transportation other than X30 and train?

Regards
V
ToadMum

Re: Commuting to Southend Schools from Chelmsford

Post by ToadMum »

Vasuin wrote:Hi,

If my son gets into a Southend school and I live in Chelmsford, will there be any other transportation other than X30 and train?

Regards
V
Have a look at the Transport link in the CSSE site.

https://csse.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... etable.pdf

https://csse.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... PDATED.pdf

https://csse.org.uk/transport/

Public transport is more flexible, though, if you are near the railway / bus station in Chelmsford. Quite a lot of SHSB pupils get the train to Prittlewelland I'vedefinitely seen some changing trains at Shenfield. WHSB is not quite so simple by train, though, as the nearest station is Chalkwell on the C2C line, a 20- 25 minute walk from the school. Using the X30, it would be easiest to get off at Kent Elms and walk up Bridgwater Drive - Treecot Drive - Mountdale Gardens (10-15 minutes).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
KittyGHG

Post by KittyGHG »

Vasuin wrote:Hi one of my friends son scored 335 in CSSE exam. He is applying for Southend Boys High as OCC. My friend is based in Colchester and cant move to Southend . Is there any way that he can commute from Colchester to Southend everyday for school?

Regards
V

There is a bus from Shenfield station that leaves at 7.22am and gets back at 4.45pm. The bus goes to WHSB and then the SHSB boys change to a bus that goes to SHSB. Alternatively some get the train to Prittlewell and then walk to the school
Vasuin

Post by Vasuin »

Thank you for letting me know the commute to SE from Colchester!!
Whiteheart23

Post by Whiteheart23 »

Has anyone recently moved to southend area ,received an email from council to provide proof of address(3 forms) with in next 7 days?
Singan

Post by Singan »

Singan wrote:Hi All,

Please can DS parents enter their scores in the Google spreadsheet below, which would give us some visibility on whether boys in the border stand a chance? Pls enter KEGS, CRGS, West cliff and South end boys (Inside or outside). Thanks in advance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi All,

Looks like the data in the google sheet got removed (not sure - how!), however, I have restored the previous versions where now we can find the data, thanks for those who entered the results, would encourage other parents too to post their results, which gives us some visibility. Thanks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now