Received CCHS result without writing the exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Worry_mom

Received CCHS result without writing the exam

Post by Worry_mom »

We had registered for the Chelmsford 11+ exam but my daughter could not write due to clash with Berkshire and Chelmsford refused to arrange an alternate date.
Surprisingly today we received result in the post with an amazing score! The letter does say that you appeared for exam at an 'alternate venue'. I think it is a mistake (probably will impact the kid who actually wrote the paper) but still want to double check if Chelmsford considers score from any other council ex. Bexley?
Will email the school as well. Thanks in advance.
annam2013

Re: Received CCHS result without writing the exam

Post by annam2013 »

Is it not the Berkshire and Chelmsford the same test? You can sit for one share the result with the other. I think. Might be wrong.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

There's a post from Berkshire on this forum a few days ago saying it's the same test and scores can be shared.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

There’s several schools that use the same test on the same test and the option to share scores is available. I believe the Slough schools and Kendrick use the same test as Chelmsford (I’m based in Reading so I’m not certain), in which case you wouldn’t be able to take the same test twice, but it might be you’ve ended up selecting to share the score by registering with both.

I suspect very few share between Kendrick/Slough and Chelmsford due to geography.
Worry_mom

Post by Worry_mom »

annam2013 wrote:Is it not the Berkshire and Chelmsford the same test? You can sit for one share the result with the other. I think. Might be wrong.
You are right and I had no idea:
https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/media/4920 ... arents.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Worry_mom wrote:We had registered for the Chelmsford 11+ exam but my daughter could not write due to clash with Berkshire and Chelmsford refused to arrange an alternate date.
Surprisingly today we received result in the post with an amazing score! The letter does say that you appeared for exam at an 'alternate venue'. I think it is a mistake (probably will impact the kid who actually wrote the paper) but still want to double check if Chelmsford considers score from any other council ex. Bexley?
Will email the school as well. Thanks in advance.
Congratulations to your DD :) .

From the Information Guide for entry to Year 7 September 2022 on the CCHS website:

Chelmsford County High School for Girls is part of a group of Grammar Schools who will be using a common admissions test for September 2022 entry. The group includes Chelmsford County High School for Girls, the Slough Consortium of Grammar Schools and Kendrick School. In addition, there are other schools in the wider geographical area who will be using the same test on the same day. The tests will take place on *Saturday 11 September 2021 (*Subject to DFE and Public Health England guidance and restrictions in place.). Applicants for any of these schools may only take the test once; the raw marks from the test will be passed to the other schools for inclusion in the appropriate standardisation sample but only if you have registered with each school in accordance with their admissions policy. The responsibility to complete this process accurately lies wholly with the parent/guardian. If it is found that an applicant has taken the test more than once, the raw scores for the first attempt will be used for the standardisation process. It is expected that the child will take the test at the school closest to their home address and state that school on the CCHS Supplementary Information Form (SIF).....

Interesting that neither area mentioned that there was no need for you to rearrange your DD's sitting of their exam, due to it being the same one...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now