Train station to Southend for Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

woodmf28

Train station to Southend for Boys

Post by woodmf28 »

Hi All,

trying to explore ways to get to southend for boys by school bus or public transport.

Can anyone pls advise if it's walkable from Prittlewell station to Southend for boys? or it's better to take the bus?

also, the school hours is 8:30-15:30. Where the kids are supposed to wait for school bus? library? according the Stephensons time table, the school bus won't be at southend until nearly 16:00.

many thanks
ToadMum

Re: Train station to Southend for Boys

Post by ToadMum »

woodmf28 wrote:Hi All,

trying to explore ways to get to southend for boys by school bus or public transport.

Can anyone pls advise if it's walkable from Prittlewell station to Southend for boys? or it's better to take the bus?

also, the school hours is 8:30-15:30. Where the kids are supposed to wait for school bus? library? according the Stephensons time table, the school bus won't be at southend until nearly 16:00.

many thanks
Yes, it's an easy walk from Prittlewell, 10-15 minutes.

As to where boys go whilst waiting for the contract buses, no idea, I'm afraid. If the library is open, then yes, they would be able to wait in there. If the train is an option, though, your DS could be on the platform at the station by then, if not actually on a train?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
woodmf28

Post by woodmf28 »

thanks you.

can't decide train or school bus at the moment. we may use the school bus in the first year or so and as my son is getting older he can go with train. the school bus is not flexible if there is after school clubs.
WorryWorryWorry

Post by WorryWorryWorry »

My son always tells me that the ‘bus boys’ leave lesson at 3:20 as the bus leaves really prompt at 3:30. I don’t know tho - only going by what he says.

It is walkable from Prittlewell station - lots do that walk everyday!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

WorryWorryWorry wrote:My son always tells me that the ‘bus boys’ leave lesson at 3:20 as the bus leaves really prompt at 3:30. I don’t know tho - only going by what he says.

It is walkable from Prittlewell station - lots do that walk everyday!
Which bus service is that? Unless I have missed something, I can't see one run through the CSSE transport office which leaves the school at a time which would mean that the boys using it would have to miss lesson time. It also seems very odd that the school would agree to this - if it's a contract bus, surely the timetable should be timed to fit in with the school day, not the other way round?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
WorryWorryWorry

Post by WorryWorryWorry »

I asked him and he said it leaves Shsb early so it gets to westcliff on time as they share the bus. Every last lesson, the teacher lets the bus buys leave lesson early. I don’t know where this bus goes! He thinks there are several later busses that go in different directions.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now