CCHSG form tutor

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CockapooMum

CCHSG form tutor

Post by CockapooMum »

We had the most horrendous experience with the Year 7 form tutor at CCHSG open morning tour today. The three girls we met were absolutely lovely: mature, calm and confident. We were very impressed by them and felt they are the type of girls my DD would make friends with. It was nearly a perfect open day experience until the year 7 form tutor brought it to an abrupt end. We finished the tour and the girls asked if we had any questions, by which point we stood outside of the main entrance. My husband had one question, he only just finished his sentence, the front entrance opened and the form tutor appeared, she shouted to the girls" You had your guests long enough now. You should go back now." we were shock, the girls felt embarrassed but had no choice and just walked away, then the entrance door shut at our face. The form tutor didn't say one more word, we were left there didn't even know how to get out of the gate.
Honestly we could not get over the shock of it. We drove an hour and half to visit the school, just to meet such an ignorant and rude teacher. We understand the time was tight for each tour, but there could be many ways to address this. She could have said "sorry to interrupt you but it's nearly time for our next group", or something like"maybe we should just finish this question". We have seen a dozen of schools and havn't seen one teacher speaking in such manner untill this morning. Clearly she is not on the same level as the girls there. From the very beginning when we were waiting in the canteen her high pitched commands to the girls seemed unnecessary. We are actually worried she could be the bully at the school, rather than any of the lovely girls. She demonstrated a perfect example of someone who had enough of her job and felt so entitled to be teaching at one of the most successful grammar schools in the country.
We realy wanted to hear from other CCHSG parents that the teachers there are not all as mad as this year 7 form tutor. :(
sxMum

Re: CCHSG form tutor

Post by sxMum »

I have a daughter in year 7 about to be year 8 and she doesn't recognise the description as any of the current form tutors. She said all the form tutors are lovely, which is my experience too :)
A few of the subject teachers are known for grumpiness, but not so much that the kids hate going to their lessons.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now