Essex VR - advice please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

everhopeful

Essex VR - advice please

Post by everhopeful »

I know this has all been asked before but here goes - can anyone confirm whether the Essex vr paper is 15 or 21 types? Also, apart from Nfer, which practice papers are considered the best for Essex? We've been working through Bright Sparks and the IPS daily papers but would like to do some more. Ideally I'm looking for something slightly harder than the real thing :shock:

Any help gratefully received!
SHSG Mum

Post by SHSG Mum »

I used the following website for extra resources. Everything here is completely free of charge and I found it excellent when preparing DD last year. Have now started using it with DS for next year!

ww. **********.co.uk
SHSG Mum

Post by SHSG Mum »

The item missing from the above post is

It is not advertising, the site is completely free with no strings attached and a really good resource.
SHSG Mum

Post by SHSG Mum »

SHSG Mum

Post by SHSG Mum »

It's really disappointing that this site is being blocked. name removed by moderator
everhopeful

Essex VR -Advice Please

Post by everhopeful »

Thanks for trying SHSG mum - I didn't realise I'd cause such trouble! :?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi everhopeful

I am a Bucks parent who rarely visits the Essex forum other than to glance at posts in my role as Moderator, so I don't know the answer. I replied to another Essex parent today on a different thread to say that I have not been able to find the answer to this question, despite interminable searches of previous posts.

If any Essex parent could confirm the details of the VR test for the CSSE it would be very helpful. I believe that it is NFER and multiple choice, but the problem of 15 or 21 types still eludes me. I hope that my request will elicit a firm answer.

If there is anyone from Essex who feels able to write a concise summary of the exam requirements for CSSE I will happily post it on the Forum as a "Sticky", so that it remains at the top of the section for all to see in future.

Please don't beat yourself up over the Modding of previous posts ...

For SHSG Mum:

I am sorry that your attempts to post another link are being blocked. Please would you take a glance at the Forum Rules and Policies, which may explain the reasons. Essentially, we are very careful about advertising of external sites on the Forum because we cannot be sure of the quality of the material.

I know that KenR has also sent you a Private Message on the issue. You can read that (if you have not already done so) by going to the blue line at the bottom of this page. It will read "you have 1 new private message". Click there and you will be able to retrieve it.

Sally-Anne
SHSG Mum

Post by SHSG Mum »

Hi Sally-Anne

Thanks for your reply. I have read the email from Ken and it does not say quite the same as you have stated.

I have read the forum policies and understand that you wish to promote the sale of your own products, that is understandable, as these sites do not pay for themselves, so apologies if I have inadvertantly broken the rules.

If you look at the site in question yourself you will see that the quality is excellent and the resources provided are completely free of charge. They do offer some items for sale, but there is no need to purchase these and indeed I have not done so.

Again many apologies, my intention was merely to help other parents at what can be a very expensive and stressful time.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Everhopeful

I have now created a 'sticky' which answers your questions, for that reason I am going to lock this thread.

Hope the information helps.

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now