Catchment Area map for WSHB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

paddy19

Catchment Area map for WSHB

Post by paddy19 »

I am frantically searching for the catchment area map for westcliff high school for boys but uanble to find any details at LEA or from the school. Please if anyone has a copy, can you send me one...
thanks
Fran17

Re: Catchment Area map for WSHB

Post by Fran17 »

Hi paddy19 I don't have a catchment area map - but what I do know is that the catchment area is the borough of Southend and it does NOT apply to where you live but to where your child attends School i.e. you can live out of catchment but if your child attends school within the borough of Southend, they are regarded as being in catchment - well, this was certainly the case last year but you can check with the council to determine whether this still applies. Good luck.
paddy19

Post by paddy19 »

Thank you very much Fran17 for replying.. i have someone to talk to...

So what you are saying is if the child goes to any southend borough primary school and give the 11plus test and pass the test with a good score, then they will be considered under catchment seats.Please do you have any idea of the borough boundary?

Please advice as this elevenplus is like a ocean, unable to get to the bottom of it...
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Hi paddy19, you are right the eleven plus process is a nightmare and it was a good idea to consult this forum as it has been a great source of information to us. If you ring the Southend on Sea Borough Council (01702 215007) hopefully they will be able to supply you with a list of primary schools in the Borough and also the Consortium of Selective Schools (01245 348257) are very helpful and I am sure will be able to assist you with any of your queries. It is worth remembering all the Southend grammars offer places to children out of borough - please check this information but I believe Southend High School for Boys are obliged (by the Council) to offer a minimum of 25 places and Westcliff High School for Boys are obliged to offer 47 (however, I am told by friends with children at the schools that Westcliff High School for Boys is often able to offer more than this) as more children (within the Borough) seem to put Southend High School for Boys top of their list (maybe due to location etc.) - please check all this information with the Council and the CSSE - this is information which has been given to us over the years and I do hope it is accurate. Good luck - all the Southend Schools are fantastic and we are so lucky to have so many great schools in the area.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now