Totally addicted to this site.....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Zibar

Totally addicted to this site.....

Post by Zibar »

A friend discovered this site last year and recommended it as it was my first time going through the 11+ albeit having an older DS who didn't take it. I was totally naive about the 11+ then which was a fair few years ago now. Neither my husband or I had any experience of the 11+. I lived abroad when I was 11 and my hubby lived in an area with middle schools. This time round for DD's transition to secondary I knew everything that was necessary for the 11+.

I first logged onto this site after offer day last month. DD got into 2nd choice Colchester on offer day.

I still have one DS to go and I'm not looking forward to it. He is naturally more able and very focused compared to DD so more of a chance of getting through. DD and DS2 currently in inde. I don't do any extra work with them. I make sure that homework is always completed and only help when asked.

Reading the posts on here has been really interesting and well done to all the DDs and DSs who made it to their choices and I really feel for the parents who are currently going through appeals or on waiting lists. The Appeal Forum on here is great.

I also find the Forums for "11+ and after" and "everything else" really interesting.

All we want, is to equip our children with a very good education and keep them happy along the way which will not only open doors but give them a great start in life as it will help boost their confidence and self esteem. In my eyes the key achievements I can give my children in preparation for the adult world is knowledge, confidence and self esteem.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Hello Zibar,

This forum was such a help to me when we were going through worry and disappointment with DD2.People were so kind, private messaging to give encouragement.
Then when we got happy news, so many people, who were obviously reading the thread seemed so happy for us, even though they are virtual strangers.
The people who use this site are generally like minded and as you expressed so well, we all want our children to be confident and as well equipped for life as is possible.Then the rest is up to them.
Best wishes for your DS who is yet to go through the process 8)
Zibar

Post by Zibar »

Chelmsford mum,

I didn't send a message but I too was happy for you.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

:D Thanks - see everyone is so nice and supportive on this forum and that is why we are all so hooked.
The Essex forum is , of course, especially nice. :wink:
Zibar

Post by Zibar »

Chelmsford mum,

How many other Forums do you look at? :lol: Funny.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now