Girls' rankings for Crypt

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pixiequeen

Girls' rankings for Crypt

Post by pixiequeen »

Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to where Crypt sits in the rankings 'hierarchy?' Our first choice is SHS but I have no idea whether if DD3 doesn't score highly enough for SHS, whether Crypt might be an option or if it in fact requires a higher score than SHS? Is anyone else considering Crypt for their DD?
Amber

Re: Girls' rankings for Crypt

Post by Amber »

Interesting question isn't it? Crypt was I think generally thought to be slightly above Ribston and possibly on a par with SHS in that unwritten hierarchy but I think that DR has fallen below Ribston now? So who knows? I know that when my sons sat the test Marling and Crypt were similar with Marling maybe requiring a lower score, but I think with SHS and Ribston were pretty equal? I don't imagine there will be much in it tbh but who knows?
cazien

Post by cazien »

A difficult one! At the end of the day, I guess ultimately it will depend on how many pupils share results. DD sat test 2 years ago and had a higher ranking for SHS than she did for Ribston. She opted for Ribston as her first choice and was successful. Don't forget each school scores differently, making predictions almost impossible.

I think unpredictable and interesting times lie ahead with Crypt going co-ed.
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

It is always interesting and they do change slightly each year. This year will be even more interesting with Crypt going co-ed. In the past SHS was similarly positioned to Marling/Crypt and above Ribston but below HSFG.

Also I think which schools are more popular has an affect as well, things like the Good Schools Guide which was in the local papers just over a week ago may sway some parents over preferred schools.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

I would seriously think about whether single sex or co-ed is more appropriate to their personality. Single sex was a disaster for my daughter and brilliant for my son.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now