2017 Gloucestershire allocations ranks/scores Entry 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
conroyiwhiwhu

Re: Gloucestershire allocations - ranks / scores only please

Post by conroyiwhiwhu »

smileandsparkle wrote:Mostly laughing at 'CAF CAF staff' more than paying attention to the thread at the moment :lol: :lol: :lol: Well played Amber, well played!

For what its worth, I've never heard of being able to add to the CAF if you hadn't already put it down first time round, but then again, I never read the small print so I don't know for sure.

Good luck to those who are appealing, I imagine a HUGE reshuffle once Crypt get through their mountain of appeals so fingers crossed there are a lot more happy faces in a month or so.
It turns out you can give new preferences to your LA immediately after allocation day but before last day of acceptance. Kinda explains why WL application GCC WL common application ended March 8th. It says on GCC twitter feed: "You can give us new preference and as an, out of county applicant my LA requested to update my preferences but I choose to let GCC coordinate with them instead. Complicated stuff, phew!
conroyiwhiwhu

Post by conroyiwhiwhu »

ToadMum wrote:
stroudydad wrote:
conroyiwhiwhu wrote:
**Edited**
Pate: 405
STR: 221 (Offered from WL March 30th - late share of result)
Crypt: 366
Marling: 185

Can I be fairly confident that DS will be allocated a place at Crypt after 30th March?

Can you confirm Your DC got a rank of 366 in October test and didn't get a place? Or did you get allocated a school above that on your CAF?
Elephant's Child that I am, I was wondering that, too :).
We received the offer from LA offering Tommies. Goodluck to everyone still waiting.
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

As far as I know, Tommies have offered till 293 before the appeals.
jearund

Post by jearund »

ToadMum wrote:If you have to nominate individual Gloucestershire grammar schools for which you want your DC to be considered - in the same way that you indicate that you want your DC's raw scores to be shared with schools in other (same exam) CEM areas where s/he has registered interest - it would imply that each school's cohort of candidates is standardised separately? So how are new applicants ranked? Does GCC submit the list of new applicants for each school to CEM for a rerun of the standardisation process, I wonder?
As I understand it, each candidate's raw score is standardised based on their age at the time they took the test (as someone born in August would be nearly a year younger than someone born in September). But this standardisation is only done once. The standardised score is passed to each school the parents opted to share with, which means each school's list is based on a subset of the people who took the test. The schools then rank the candidates according to their standardised scores. That's why the child's postion in the list is different for each school. As for late sharers and those who sit the late test, I assume they slot them into the list according to what their standardised score was, so children below them would move down a rank. But given that this is after the initial Allocation Day, no one already offered a place would lose it because of this. The late sharer would simply go on the waiting list, and their place on the waiting list would depend on their rank so people already on the list but with lower scores would move down a slot.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Some old posts in Reading and Slough mentioned different standardized scores from the same test.
jearund

Post by jearund »

tiffinboys wrote:Some old posts in Reading and Slough mentioned different standardized scores from the same test.
I can only speak for Gloucestershire I'm afraid. I have no idea how it works in the rest of the country!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Yes, it is quite possible that a single standardization is done for all the candidates sitting for Gloucestershire grammar schools test. But is it mentioned as such in any of school's admission arrangements or by Consortium itself?

https://www.gloucestershiregrammars.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Consortium announcement suggests that individual schools would be announcing results. That could possibly mean that each school would be standardizing results according to its own scheme, as also happens in Sutton's grammar schools consortium.

http://www.cryptschool.org/pdf/policies ... y-2019.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can't figure out PAN and also no mention of number who would pass the test.
jearund

Post by jearund »

tiffinboys wrote:Yes, it is quite possible that a single standardization is done for all the candidates sitting for Gloucestershire grammar schools test. But is it mentioned as such in any of school's admission arrangements or by Consortium itself?

https://www.gloucestershiregrammars.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Consortium announcement suggests that individual schools would be announcing results. That could possibly mean that each school would be standardizing results according to its own scheme, as also happens in Sutton's grammar schools
That link seems to have been changed now. But the official Gloucestershire County Council booklet, which covers testing arrangements for all the Gloucestershire GS (downloaded from the Ribston website) simply says "Standardised test. Test Results are standardised according to the age of the pupil at the time of the Entrance Test by year, month and day." I can't see anything there which suggests each school does this separately.
It was Explore Learning who told me how standardisation works - they provide classes to prepare for the 11+ so should be a good source of information. But actually, if you want to know for sure, the best thing would be to ask Gloucestershire County Council and then you can post the answer here.
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

My DS was ranked 305 for STRS and was in WL1. We had appealed and it's been upheld.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

jearund wrote:That link seems to have been changed now. But the official Gloucestershire County Council booklet, which covers testing arrangements for all the Gloucestershire GS (downloaded from the Ribston website) simply says "Standardised test. Test Results are standardised according to the age of the pupil at the time of the Entrance Test by year, month and day." I can't see anything there which suggests each school does this separately.
It was Explore Learning who told me how standardisation works - they provide classes to prepare for the 11+ so should be a good source of information. But actually, if you want to know for sure, the best thing would be to ask Gloucestershire County Council and then you can post the answer here.
Not all parents tick for all the possible schools - for instance, some may only want a girls school, not mixed, so would not tick for Pate's or Crypt. Anther family may not want to travel to Stroud from the north of the county so only choose Pate's & Gloucester schools.

So each school has a different cohort and the standardisation is done based on each individual schools cohort.

Gloucestershire CC has nothing to do with the standardisation. They send the school a list of pupils who have ticked for that individual school. The school will then send them back the same list, sorted by rank order (also with 'not qualifieds' marked as some parents tick even if the child didn't reach the pass mark). GCC then will allocate the highest preference school that the child is ranked for, if there is space available.
Capers