Results email errors

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Amber

Re: Results email errors

Post by Amber »

Does himummy work at the school perhaps? Priority is given to:
Children whose parents are members of staff provided that they have been employed for a minimum of two years and / or are recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Cup of tea wrote:I also feel for the administrative person if it was a data mishandling error. How terrible must they be feeling? We all make mistakes. Inflammatory speech isn't going to help anyone now. .
I totally feel for all the staff involved, and would not blame anyone for an error. We have all made them and will continue to make them, especially where spreadsheets (shudder) are concerned. It must be absolutely horrible and they will have suffered enough. But I do not consider it 'inflammatory' to suggest that the (non) actions of the (no doubt rather more highly remunerated) Head in handling the fallout have not been useful and there were more honourable and compassionate choices he could have made, starting with a full explanation of what actually went wrong, so that the affected families could at least have that information.
SteppeFox

Post by SteppeFox »

Just for those that are interested I upload a diagram displaying how the rankings (that I have gathered on this forum) look now compared to all corrected Crypt rankings (I have interpolated and extrapolated with the help of the known changes to Crypt's rankings):
Amber

Post by Amber »

Maybe you could walk us through the key points, SteppeFox...
SteppeFox

Post by SteppeFox »

Ok, Amber.
Explanation:
* Horizontal/x axis represents the corrected ranking for Crypt (based on updated rankings and as far as not available extra- and interpolation)
* Vertical/y axis represents the ranking for other grammars (see legend on right side).
* Keep in mind that these 40 dots only represent a small percentage of the total of 2000+ candidates;
* excluded are those I have no Crypt ranking for or have not qualified for Crypt
* The line for Pates is much steeper because, like Crypt, it is co-ed.
* The other lines show that pupils have roughly half the value for the ranking then Crypt because Crypt is co-ed and the other grammars are only boys or girls.
* The steeper line for STR (and to a lesser extend HSFG) probably shows that there is a higher demand for this/ese grammar(s) compared to the others.

Just my observations:
* Most of dots now show strong correlation between Crypt and other grammars and also the grammars compared to each other.
* The only exception are:
1. Pates: there is lower flatter 'line' with 3 dots and (top150,top150) for those that reached qualifying scores for all parts of the test (I think). The second higher and steeper 'line' shows all the ranking of pupils who didn't reach the qualifying scores for all parts of the test: all Pates rankings up to (at least) 230 are pupils who qualified for all parts of the test, which means that this time round is unlikely that any pupils failing one or more parts will gain a place at Pates.
2. We have a small cluster around the 400 and 760-800 Crypt rankings with equivalent for HFSG, SHS and Marling rankings of top150, which are representing PP (and other special category) pupils; who are treated differently by these grammars. So these are explainable outliers (if we had all the results we would see dots spread along the whole horizontal 150 line; they got clustered in this case because it only represents 6 pupils - we know that Crypt had about 55 taking the test in these categories).

Other issues you or anybody doesn't understand: please, ask and I or others will try to answer or figure it out. Other observations are also very welcome.
Nichrys

Post by Nichrys »

I have also received an email from Crypt on Tuesday saying my DD rank is now 550 instead 598. It may contribute to your analysis.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Gloucestershire must be bad, even scary mum is viewing the forum.. :lol:
Blue-daps

Post by Blue-daps »

Lysander, for your spreadsheet we have also had our results amended.
STRS 296
Crypt 500 (originally 548)
Pates 549
Flopsy

Post by Flopsy »

It's often been said in certain circles, that when it comes to admissions and appeals, Cypt are a law unto themselves.

They've often had their own, unique, way of doing things, interpereting their own admissions policy, the admissions & appeals codes.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now