Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:34 pm 

Just submitted our application form. Makes it feel more real now! Home schooling adds a different dimension to DIY tutoring. We are getting through the books faster at least. We haven't tried any home mocks yet, but will probably start to soonish. Has anyone booked any external mocks? I'm not sure if any will be allowed to run before September....

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:22 pm 

I'm going to be honest and say that we've been struggling here. Both of us work full time and adding in full time school work for 2 kids that both need relatively constant attention has left precious little time for anything else, including preparation. We're trying to focus on the school work that is useful to the exam, but unfortunately the current situation is going to leave us with a lot more last minute preparation than we'd wanted.
We had booked a mock for earlier this month (wanted plenty of time afterwards so that she wouldn't be disheartened by the results, but would give her an idea of the test itself).
Obviously this had to be cancelled, so I suspect it's just going to be practice papers for us. Probably not until the summer holidays, as we all need a break at the moment.
To say that I am anxious about it is an understatement!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:41 am 

just an update on mocks.

Most face to face have been cancelled, bu tthey have sent them out electronically. Or you can get a refund or try and rebook for August.

One of the reasons for doing a mock is the feel of sitting an exam in public place, so doing one later is better than on-line in my opinion.