How likely is a delay? Implications?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
2Socks

Re: How likely is a delay? Implications?

Post by 2Socks »

Quite a lot of the schools that I recognise have more than a 1 form entry, so it could easily be that the bigger schools end up with more at grammar school.
It may be that other children in my DD's class are less pedantic about the "tutoring" question than my DD!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

2Socks wrote:Quite a lot of the schools that I recognise have more than a 1 form entry, so it could easily be that the bigger schools end up with more at grammar school.
It may be that other children in my DD's class are less pedantic about the "tutoring" question than my DD!
What was the purpose of the teacher asking in the first place? A nd why 'being tutored gor', rather than just, 'Who's taking the 11+?'.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Good question! I don't think it is procedure though, more curiosity. My thoughts were that they could have an idea of which kids may start to show additional knowledge/skills? I really don't know though! It wasn't something that was dwelt (dwelled?!) on and names weren't taken etc. I found it interesting to find out some of those who were (and weren't) being tutored (from my shocked DD). But as I say some of those who put up their hands may have been DIYing, and others like my DD may have given the impression that they're doing nothing but work from the school.
Also as a caveat, just because they were being tutored doesn't necessarily mean that they're going to take the test...my DD knows at least one who's decided that they much prefer the local comprehensive and so stopped any extra work.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now