Anyone here yet for 2021 entry?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ginger40

Re: Anyone here yet for 2021 entry?!

Post by Ginger40 »

Finally submitted the CAF, but know this isn’t all over as we have yet to receive the results then worry if we have still made the correct choice and await allocation day ..,
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

We've all gone very quiet! I'm just a ball of anxiousness trying to hide it from DC!
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

Still here and according to my DP I need therapy :lol:

Is the medical test still going ahead Monday, I hope we may get a date that results are released afterwards?
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

I'm working on the assumption that we should have results in 4 weeks time, and we've already done 2 weeks. I'm trying to convince myself that they're going to fly by without me thinking about schools at all :lol: I think it depends on how many areas are sending papers to CEM at the same time and how many staff at Durham are affected by Covid.
We submitted the CAF over 3 weeks ago, so it's a relief to know that there's nothing more I can actually do so there's no point worrying. Not sure that it's working though :roll:
I assume that the test will go ahead on Monday. I don't know anyone who is sitting it though, so I can't say for sure.
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

I’m hopeful for results by mid-November as per the Pate’s website. I figure it’s the usual amount of marking spread over more time as some areas didn’t postpone, and would like to think that tests from the main sitting have been sent off for marking already instead of being left waiting for the test put on for those who were ill on the day (as that should be a minority even in these times.) The marking process is automated, are Durham paid for doing it?

If only Pate’s release results around mid-November - unlikely I think, the schools seem to like to send results out on the same day, I think we got Marling’s first a couple of years ago - it would still be a useful indication for those who asked for results to be shared there.

Of course that could all be wishful thinking as the last couple of weeks have dragged. For me that is, my daughter hasn’t mentioned it :lol:
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

Does anyone know if the mop up test went ahead today for those off with medical reasons?
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I have no idea. The only thing i can think is to email an admissions officer for an update?
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

I've had a look at the school websites and haven't seen anything about it being postponed. I appreciate that there's not many who would sit it, but I suspect there would be a notification if plans changed. A girl turned up to sit the test on the 17th but was sent home and told at that time that it would be today.
I'm also curious as to why it may not have happened today? The lockdown won't impact on it and as far as I am aware none of the grammars are closed, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't have gone ahead. Am I missing something?!
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

I’m just hopeful it did and then we can get a results day confirmed! I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t have gone ahead.

On Crypt school website it says-

Results will be issued as soon as possible after the test date but for this year they will not be available before the Local Authority’s Common Application Form deadline.

The policy notes that if public health measures prevent significant numbers from attending the main testing session, the Admissions Committee may defer establishing the qualifying standard until 75% of the registered candidates for the cohort have been tested.

That concerned me slightly, worrying how long we could be waiting if not enough numbers went ahead with the test!
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

I may be wrong, but I don't think we need to worry. Public Health measures haven't prevented people taking the test... the actual date went ahead as planned, and presumably the catch up went ahead yesterday. Given that kids are less likely to be affected badly I think the gap of over 2 weeks will have allowed basically every child to attend. There may be a handful who had to isolate or were ill on both days, but I suspect that it's very few. The schools will know exactly how many, as you need to give evidence of why you are not attending on the day. Presumably their results are not needed for standardisation and they could be marked and standardised very quickly, so even aiming for the mid November date they've got another 10 days to sit the test without any real impact on others.