Anyone here for 2022 entry yet?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Brackenboo

Re: Anyone here for 2022 entry yet?

Post by Brackenboo »

I'm just hoping that the test takes place as planned and the results are out before the CAF has to be submitted. That is one nightmare I definitely don't want to have to deal with. Talking to my DD earlier who is in y7, she remembers a week of pointlessly going over simple fractions, so perhaps what my son is following isn't any different. We are lucky he has 3 lessons a day and is happy to replace some bits with some 11+ work if it's more beneficial. I've mentioned that to his teacher and she seemed fine with it, so hopefully we won't get in trouble for not submitting his work.

I think for me the main difference this time is we've achieved it once, so there seems more pressure to succeed again.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Yep, that wasn't fun. And out of their 5 choices, DC only actually had a tour at one (their 2nd choice) ! Fortunately through out of school activities, they had been to the sites of their comp choices. I drove to their first choice so we could have a walk around the outskirts.
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

Yes. We managed to see a few but looks like DD will either have a place at SHS (which was her favourite when she looked around) or RH (which she hasn't seen yet, but claims is her current favourite!). So I have no idea which one I should be hoping for on allocation day! Hopefully this autumn things will be back to normal again for the current year 5!
Polaris

Post by Polaris »

Registration and planned test dates have now been released...

2022 Entry (Current Year 5s)

The window to register your child to sit the Entrance Test will open at noon on Monday 17th May and will be open until noon on Wednesday 30th June 2021. The Entrance Test is planned for Saturday 11th September 2021 (when your child has started Year 6), however this will be subject to any government restrictions / guidance at the time. The School will communicate with all parents who have registered their child.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Thanks, hopefully bit will run to plan...
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

How is everyone doing? So glad DS is back at school as lockdown home schooling wasn't fun. Hopefully they will assess them all quickly and cover anything that was missed and stretch them.
Imdrill82

Post by Imdrill82 »

Has anyone started doing/ booking for mocks?
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

We've done a complete cgp mock paper at home, but aren't planning on booking any external mocks. We will just do a few more at home
Imdrill82

Post by Imdrill82 »

We have done one. It's been ok but need to work on timing especially for maths
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

Just got started here. Maths proving to be tricky. Large number of topic areas that don't seem to have been covered by school - hadn't realised there'd be quite so many. Mini Choppy is a lazy so-and-so, but we're aiming for one hour of prep every weekend until September, plus two mock tests in the summer. Any more prep than that just isn't going to happen. Sigh. I was such a swot at 10. I would have LOVED all this. Never mind.