Registering went smoothly until this (2022 applicants)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Lysander

Registering went smoothly until this (2022 applicants)

Post by Lysander »

I have just gone onto the website to register DD for the test in September (it’s all now horribly real again, and thankfully for the third and final time.)

All went smoothly until the email response which says:

We are pleased to inform you that your child, ****, has completed their application to Gloucestershire Grammar Schools’s Post 16 Programme.

There’s no phone number for me to tell me that she’s not applying for 6th form just yet. I’ll leave it be for now, but interested if others get the same message.
Choppy

Re: Registering went smoothly until this (2022 applicants)

Post by Choppy »

I got that message too. There were several going live problems just after midday (e.g. nothing in entry year field). Disconcerting! Also had no joy finding a phone number....
SwimmingUpstream

Post by SwimmingUpstream »

I've dug out my email from last year which says there was an email address at the top of the online form, to send any corrections to if you'd made a mistake. Is that available as a contact?

Otherwise is it worth contacting the school where you have asked to take the test? It sounds like it's a systemic problem they might need to sort out!
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

Good thinking, SwimmingUpstream! I will email the school now. Sadly no email address anywhere. Looks like it's been outsourced to a company in London. Gotta love outsourcing...
Polaris

Post by Polaris »

Can you log back into the registration website and edit your application? g7.applicaa.com I think they have now rectified the issues with the form so you can choose Year 7 Entry.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Just done ours, seems to be ok. We're hoping to sit the test at Crypt
TwisLN

Post by TwisLN »

I also had this message - waiting with interest to see what happens. I initially thought someone hadn't updated the autoreply message but since there's been no subsequent message saying 'we're sorry, our mistake' I wonder if I actually need to do something about it.
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

I emailed Pate's and got a lovely reply from Admissions saying don't worry, we don't need to do anything, it's just teething problems with new company organising the registrations this year. And breathe...!
TwisLN

Post by TwisLN »

Thank you, that's good to know. *And stand down*.