DRHS Starters 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2Socks

DRHS Starters 2021

Post by 2Socks »

Just wanted to check that everyone received the email reminder regarding returning forms yesterday? I posted ours and now I'm slightly concerned that they're lost in the post.
SwimmingUpstream

Re: DRHS Starters 2021

Post by SwimmingUpstream »

We got that email, and had posted the forms. The email does say thank you to those who have sent them, so I suspect it’s gone to all the new year 7s.

I hope so, anyway!
SwimmingUpstream

But the good news is that the new PE kit is now on the Monkhouse site, so we should be able to buy it at last. No pictures, but the items are there with prices.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Thanks Swimming Upstream - I have just been contacting the office a lot it seems about various things and didn't want to badger them about the letters! Good news about the PE kit too. I think DD is looking forward to a shopping trip soon!

I'm just hoping that they'll be able to go ahead with the induction day - I see SHS have cancelled their day. DD will be so disappointed if DRHS follow suit, although I do understand why they would cancel.
SwimmingUpstream

Well they’ve added the induction day to their website calendar in the last couple of days, since the delay to easing, so fingers crossed.
cazien

Post by cazien »

Ribston and Crypt have cancelled 6th form induction days, with Ribston stating:-
"The announcement that the delay of progression to Step 4 of the roadmap from the 21st June to the 19th July has come with guidance that schools are not able to hold large group gatherings indoors or in situations where they are unable to maintain the integrity of bubbles or consistent groups." :(
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Just read the mail that it's been postponed - given that restrictions are in place until the end of the summer term, I think it's best to assume it won't be happening. Looking forward to the call on the 24th though. Cazien, do you know if Ribston / Crypt are doing their induction days? DRHS are still advertising their open days, but I'm assuming these will be like the ones they held last year with no guides. It's good to know about the change to the start of term.
Bells

Post by Bells »

Ribston's induction day has also been cancelled but hopefully summer school in August will go ahead.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

It's a shame that they've all been cancelled. DD is pleased to know her house though. I'm wondering when we find out which languages they're going to be taking.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Good news about the new science labs and classrooms. DD is quite science-minded so she's excited about that.

At the meeting the other week there was mention of the girls needing a sewing kit. That's the first I've heard of it, and I can't find it on the website. I can get a sewing kit, but I'm slightly concerned that I've missed some things off my 'need to buy' list. So can someone please let me know where it's mentioned? Thanks!