How's everyone coping with the wait for the results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Carrie4

Re: How's everyone coping with the wait for the results?

Post by Carrie4 »

Thanks everyone for the super supportive and very helpful messages!!

I did pluck up the courage to get into my application and see that I had indeed checked all 5 schools to share the results with! (phew! :oops: )

Then got terrified that I had somehow jinxed the process and my application won't stay as is - but again (phew!) realised I couldn't really do anything to change it or re-submit. So, for anyone having second thoughts about going in and checking - don't worry you can't break it! :lol:

Absolutely feel for those who did this last year....that must have been manic....literally counting the days for the results....can't believe its been 11 days since they did the test....feels more like 11 years! :roll: :lol:
LibbyRose

Post by LibbyRose »

Well done for checking the application! Did you have to click on "update" to see what schools you had checked?

I don't have an email confirming the schools, which is very unsettling!
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

I don't have an email confirming schools either....*gibber*
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

I braved checking my application too. They would have to allow you to change your address etc if needed. I'm sure we can't break it
VickiAA

Post by VickiAA »

I am also struggling with the wait. This is my second time, (DS is in year 8 now at Marling). For those of you new to this, I have to warn you that even with the results, it can be a tough wait until March if you child's rank is lower down. I am now waiting for the results for DD and desperately want her to get in to SHS. I hate this waiting but as I didn't use a tutor for either, I expect that if she passes the rank will also involve a nervous wait until March.
Billyboyrum

Post by Billyboyrum »

We only started practicing in about June. It just didn't cross my mind that it was getting so close, and I'm so worried my son will pay the price for that. We paid for 4 practice tests, he got 53% in the first test, so we ended up putting a lot of work in, but just at home and using bond online, and in his final practice he got 75%, so I'm just hoping we did enough. I wasn't optimistic straight after the test, he said he guessed the last few in every section because of time, but I'm trying hard not to panic, I know that realistically, their idea of how the test went doesn't really tell us anything. Its ñervewracking though!!!
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

I've just had a look on Marling's website and they have updated to say they expect the results to be out before their open event on the 18th. I really want them to come out before the Crypt open day as I'd rather not look around if we haven't ranked high enough to get in....

Off to our local schools open day this evening, so will be looking for the positives of that choice
YankBritmum

Post by YankBritmum »

Just spotted on Marling website...... Results will be issued on Thu 14 October after noon - you will receive an email from each of the grammar schools you elected to share with.

Weird it is a Thursday.....
LibbyRose

Post by LibbyRose »

Oo, thanks for sharing! Will help so much to have a date to focus on.
pyxcd

Post by pyxcd »

Billyboyrum wrote:This week has been about the same length as the one I was over due my daughter :wink:
Feel the same here...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now