Denmark Road 2022 Entry.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bizymum1000

Denmark Road 2022 Entry.

Post by Bizymum1000 »

We’ve decided on Denmark Road as our first choice and hoping we’ve done enough to get it. Ribston is a close second. Would be great to have a group thinking about Denmark Road High or anyone who has experience of the school; would really welcome their feedback. Thank You
ScoobieFelixMeister

Re: Denmark Road 2022 Entry.

Post by ScoobieFelixMeister »

That's us too! Lots of to and fro between Denmark Rd and Ribston but last minute decision went to DR.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

I think the reason it's so hard to choose between them is that they're both good schools. That said, I hope they get their first choice and they're as happy as my DD is.

I thought you might be interested in the recent Ofsted report: https://www.denmarkroad.org/news/?pid=3 ... oryid=1423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bizymum1000

Post by Bizymum1000 »

Anyone here for Denmark Road 2022?

We are thrilled we managed to get this school.

Good luck with all your planning everyone.

And congrats! We can all relax now :D :D
LibbyRose

Post by LibbyRose »

Hi, yes thrilled too. Congratulations also. Yes now to start planning. My daughter is so excited, hope yours is too.
Simba9

Post by Simba9 »

Hi,

My DD is excited to be joining in Sept though she will be sad to leave her current Prep school where she has been since 3.

Following on from another thread, does anyone know how early you can drop off and pick up please? How much sport do they do each week? I'm keen for my DD to continue with as much sport as possible as she loves it.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

They have 3hrs per fortnight of timetabled PE in yr 7 but there seems to be a sports club basically every lunchtime should they want to attend. There's also been at least one after school hockey club, quite possibly others, but DD isn't particularly sporty.

I think they can arrive any time after 8 and need to leave by 5, or 4:30 on Fridays.

NB, currently on days when they have a sports club or PE, they can wear the PE kit all day... some of the girls barely wear the normal uniform it seems. I'm not sure what the plan is for future years, but I have heard that basically everyone prefers this system to having to get changed (although apparently that is an option).
Simba9

Post by Simba9 »

2Socks, thank you. That's very informative. Think my DD would love the idea of staying in PE kit the whole day.
Bizymum1000

Post by Bizymum1000 »

Thanks for the tips.

Is the music quite good? Good to know that sport is encouraged.

I’ve managed to get a bus pass for my daughter. Would anyone have any
experience regarding the bennett busses? It will be DDs first time of course eek.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Music (to my untrained ears) is pretty good. Lots of opportunities to learn instruments and a good number of musical clubs to attend. Also there seems to be a good number of concerts etc for them to perform at, as well as house music competitions etc.
No experience with the buses I'm afraid, apart from seeing them drive down the road (they always seem to be on time!)