2022 Planned Open Morning/Days for your diary.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cazien

2022 Planned Open Morning/Days for your diary.

Post by cazien »

Crypt - open morning is on Wednesday 23rd March. "The booking form is now live for our next Open Morning - please visit https://www.cryptschool.org/admissions/open-events" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to book your place."

Ribston - open morning Tuesday 14th June 2022. "Information will be available in due course."

SHS - open mornings are on Friday 29 April 2022 and Friday 24 June 2022. "Please check back here for further information and to register nearer the time."

STR - open days are 4 and 5 May 2022. "Full details and a booking form will be posted here and on social media accounts nearer the time, in early April."

Marling - "We plan to run Open Events in the Spring/Summer term".

Pates - Tuesday 8th March 2022, Monday 21st March 2022, Monday 27th June 2022, book tickets for either 09.00 or 0.945 arrival. (Thanks Teach1960)

Denmark - Cannot find any planned events . Anyone have any info?
Last edited by cazien on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Polgara_Glos

Re: 2022 Planned Open Morning/Days for your diary.

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Does anyone take year 4s to open evenings/days? Given the experience of my year 7 who wasn't able to go to any, I'm probably being over cautious making sure DC2 has a chance to see them! I also remember Ribston doing a dedicated year 4 open morning.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

I went to a Ribston morning for year 4 / 5, didn't take DD though, I used it as more of a chance to get to grips with the whole 11+ grammar thing. I didn't have any clue about how difficult they are to get into, so wasn't sure if even considering putting her through it (even though I wasn't really sure what "it" was) would be fair. I didn't really want her thinking about secondary at that point. I'm not going to take DS until he's yr5 - but as with DD, that's partly because husband and I travel a fair bit for work, so there's a good chance that we might not get to see potential schools in yr6 if we're travelling. (In hindsight, we were very lucky to have looked at some of the schools in yr5 - made just the virtual events in yr6 a lot more manageable!) With DS it feels a bit less important to ease him into secondary gently. With DD now attending secondary, he's got a bit of an idea how it works; so understands having a timetable, moving around the school for different lessons, not being called in for lunch at a certain time etc. DD obviously didn't start to be aware of that until the open evenings in yr5.

That said, I don't think anyone would blink an eye if a yr4 attended - unless numbers are restricted due to Covid - that may (maybe should?) mean that they prioritise those going through the whole process sooner.
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

Hi

I went to look around a couple of schools in yr 4 but I went on my own to get a feel / inform whether we wanted to do the whole 11+. I think I took DD to one grammar school and one local comprehensive to get a feel for each at the start of yr5. It enabled her to make a judgement and provided her with some impetus / willingness to have a go at the 11+. We then went to our potential schools at the end of year 5 / beginning of year 6 so we were ready with our order to go on the CAF form.

I think it will also depend on how well you know the schools you're considering - if you're looking at boys this time v girls last time or vice versa.

Hope that helps.
Teach1960

Post by Teach1960 »

Pate’s Tuesday 8th March 2022
Monday 21st March 2022
Monday 27th June 2022
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now