11+ Missed Registration

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Elijah's Mum

11+ Missed Registration

Post by Elijah's Mum »

Hi all

Quick question, I missed the 1st July deadline for submitting the 11+ registration and CSSE is closed until 5/9/22. Does anyone know whether a late registration is a possibility for my son? I've heard CSSE can be very strict and not permit late submissions. Any thoughts or guidance would be much appreciated.
Tinkers

Re: 11+ Missed Registration

Post by Tinkers »

Most schools and LAs are very strict about the deadline. If you have a valid and justified reason for missing the deadline. (Say single parent Hospitalised and completely unable to register), most will not be willing to budge on this.

I don’t know of CSSE are this strict or not but would be very surprised if they weren’t.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Tinkers wrote:Most schools and LAs are very strict about the deadline. If you have a valid and justified reason for missing the deadline. (Say single parent Hospitalised and completely unable to register), most will not be willing to budge on this.

I don’t know of CSSE are this strict or not but would be very surprised if they weren’t.

Tinkers, this might generate more responses if you could move it to Essex? I doubt that many people in Gloucestershire are likely to be familiar with the Consortium of Selective Schools in Essex.

One possibility is that the OP just has to name the relevant CSSE school(s) on their CAF anyway; they obviously won't be allocated a place, but there is usually a 'catch-up' exam date after national offer day, I think
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Good point - I'll move it
WorryWorryWorry

Post by WorryWorryWorry »

I do know of a few people who were able to register late but before the summer holidays - no idea about September tho?
Elijah's Mum

Post by Elijah's Mum »

Thank you all for your responses. I'm so grateful. I will keep my fingers crossed for a positive response when CSSE open in September. Thank you
Elijah's Mum

Post by Elijah's Mum »

WorryWorryWorry wrote:I do know of a few people who were able to register late but before the summer holidays - no idea about September tho?
I'm hopeful. Thank you so much
Sh786

Post by Sh786 »

Hi can you pls tell me.if they allowed the child to sit the exam?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The poster lasted visited the forum last August so may not see your question unless they have an email alert set up.
scary mum