Remarkably quiet for the time of year!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

madmax

Post by madmax »

Thanks Tolstoy.

I don't know about whether our Primary school Head teacher has any sucess in appeals as he prefers all children to go to the local comp and doesn't give any support.

I ask my son's class teacher for a letter of support as the head teacher isn't very supportive in this matter. His class teacher has written a strongly postive letter in support of my son.

Our appeal date is 18th May. I will let you know how it goes.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Glad to hear the class teacher was able to help. Having said that your son passed so it isn't his academic suitablity that is in question making the situation horribly frustration.

I assume they have to hear all the appeals on over-subscription simultaneously or it could lead to unfairness in that those appeals heard first have a better chance of success?

Capers did mention something about this to me when I was worried about the oversubscripton situation that was due to happen at our local primary

Well wishing you lots of luck. The class sizes are set at 27 so I am sure they can squeeze a couple more in without it having a detrimental effect on the boys learning. After all they are all bright and should be able to keep up with the pace most of the time.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now