No room in the A stream

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
EmeraldE

SUCCESS!!

Post by EmeraldE »

hey, it was worth making a fuss over. Just been informed DS has been moved up to the top stream. Happy now :0)
T-4-2

Post by T-4-2 »

Well done EmeraldE. It is ALWAYS worth making a fuss. We had exactly the same problem a few years ago, except DC was already in top set for maths, but was told wasn't room in top english set. I made a fuss, kept asking for harder spellings and homework etc, and in the end they made room in the top set. I always say to people if your DC is working hard and making an effort then the school should too!!!
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

Absolutely!! I have just found out I am in the same boat again it DS2! LOL Does it ever end? He too was placed in the 'B' stream and his Optional Sats levels were above most of the kids in the A. Here we go again. However, hopefully word will have gone round the school "the lady's not for turning!"
Milla

Post by Milla »

T-4-2 wrote: I always say to people if your DC is working hard and making an effort then the school should too!!!
excellent point, gets the point of this quandary in one!
well done to your son, EE, and onwards with round two!
T-4-2

Post by T-4-2 »

Yes, good luck with DS2 EmeraldE, I'm sure the school will have got the message the first time around that you mean business!