2 answers, one given as right

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Milla

2 answers, one given as right

Post by Milla »

In the tests provided by Pates as practice, there was this question in one of the papers:

5 In each of the following pairs of words, take one letter from the first and add it to the second, without rearranging any of the other letters. Both new words must make sense. Identify the letter that moves and mark it on your answer sheet.

c bread ash

my son ticked "b" thinking that would leave "read" and "bash". However the answer given was "r" ("bead" and "rash").

If this is on the practice material it doesn't inspire confidence. How can one answer not be right when it IS right? How can one feel sure that this sort of anomaly isn't carried into the tests proper??
mum3

Post by mum3 »

Do they not sometimes have more than one correct answer? I am sure I remember that happening when practising with my DC. Don't worry about it! You have reached the' over fretting' stage.......
Milla

Post by Milla »

how did you guess!! :lol: :lol:
I hoped that would happen, it's just not listed on the answer sheet they supply but you have to hope that SOMEONE in the system would notice these quirks.
mum3

Post by mum3 »

My DS2, currently residing at Pate's, came out of the test telling me he had missed out lots and hadn't finished the paper. Imagine how I felt. Hang on in there.
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

The answer page is marked electronically so feasibly there will only be one right answer to each question...let's hope the example you have found is just in the practice papers!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

This sort of thing seems to happen with practice papers fairly often but in the past people on the site have assured us that it won't happen on the paper for real so fingers crossed.